[JPL] Vince Mendoza rave

Linda Yohn lyohn at emich.edu
Wed Jan 28 17:34:28 EST 2009

Omigod...

I am so enjoying listening to the new Vince Mendoza CD right now.  The sun is setting over various mounds of snow and ice  My world glistens silver blue in Michigan right now and this music is elegantly harmonious with the situation.  Now I know why this received a Grammy nomination.  Someone on the RIAA committee has big, beautiful open ears and "got this".  I'll by cynical and say that I doubt that this will receive the award, but this is such rewarding listening!

Hearing music like this makes me want to host the late evening program when introspective music like this is just tailor made for the daypart.  I am going to have to purchase a personal copy of this disc and I will enjoy it repeatedly at home.  But you all know, that there is something so gratifying about sharing magnificent music with others through our magic medium known as radio.  I will find moments to work this beauty in to my morning show.

If you haven't heard this yet, give it a listen right away.  It is excellent ear, brain and heart cleaning music.

Thank you to ACT records for making sure that we received a disc.

Linda