[JPL] Excellent Denver jazz project, soon to arrive on your desk

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Wed Jan 28 20:07:41 EST 2009

In the tradition of Charles Christopher Parker, Ben Webster, Cannonball,
Brownie, Mr Hardgroove and strings, Denver based trumper Al Hood’s debut as
a leader Just A little Taste will arrive to your desks soon. I have nothing
to do with the CD per se but jazz89KUVO has been playing it much to the
delight of our listeners and on air hosts since early December, now it goes
national. Dr Jazz will be working it. If you’re like me and like swing and
strings, you’ll enjoy this disc. I knew Al when he and I both still lived in
Miami and we moved here about the same time almost 6 years ago.

Besides the fine music contained, the gatefold glossy digi-pack CD back
cover actually has track numbers and timings-what a concept! The front cover
is very cute and nice liner notes as well complete the package, with all of
the other plusses, the music still reigns supreme, that’s the best part of
all.  It is the KUVO January CD of the Month, check it out
http://www.kuvo.org/index.php?s=51

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89 KUVO
The Oasis In The City