[JPL] Black History Month Radio Specials for Feb 2009

Andy.Cahn at sonybmg.com Andy.Cahn at sonybmg.com
Fri Jan 30 13:28:23 EST 2009

Dear Programmer -

We are happy to announce three brand-new radio specials that would be
great for any available Feb 2009 Black History Month programming slots
for any of your FM/AM/HD stations.  All of these are produced by Joyride
Media and are ready to ship on CD by next week.

Please respond as soon as you can to Greg Repicci at
greg.repicci at sonymusic.com or 212-833-6081 to make sure you are on the
mailing lists for any shows you request.  Please also include any
confirmed or tentative airdates in your reply.

These shows would be great for later this winter or spring if you don't
have time for them in February.

**  MILES DAVIS - KIND OF BLUE

50th Anniversary special  features interviews with Herbie Hancock, Jimmy
Cobb, Jackie McLean and others.     Also great for the 50th
anniversaries of the recording sessions on March 2 and April 22.

**  ASHFORD & SIMPSON: THE REAL THING

Legendary songwriters discuss the original hit versions of their songs
plus new live recordings.  Hosted by legendary R&B DJ Jeff Foxx.

**  THE STORY OF PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL RECORDS (PART 2)

Exclusive interviews with many of the all-time great Philly soul artists
- The O'Jays, Delfonics, Jerry Butler, Stylistics, Three Degrees and
more.  Follows up part 1 show that featured Kenny Gamble & Leon Huff.

PREVIOUSLY RELEASED JOYRIDE SPECIALS ALSO AVAILABLE  FROM PRX:

http://www.prx.org/series/30970--black-history-month-specials

http://www.prx.org/playlists/32755

I will be out on paternity leave until Feb 10, so please contact Greg
Repicci while I'm out.  Please also let us know if you definitely do not
want to air any of these shows.

All the best,

Andy Cahn
Sony BMG Commercial Music Group
Sr Director, Artist and Catalog Development
550 Madison Ave, 18th floor
New York, NY 10022
212-833-6279
andy.cahn at sonybmg.com