[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM, 1/30/09

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 18:59:09 EST 2009

 I was having a calm show with few interruptions. Then I played the title
track from the new Ivo Papasov album, and all heck broke loose. A raft of
phone calls (including one from a fellow recently returned from Bulgaria,
who was so excited he cell-phoned in while driving his car during our latest
blizzard), staff members running into the booth, people stopping me on the
way home to talk about it, etc. A few songs later, the scene repeated itself
on a somewhat smaller scale for a hard-driving blues by Ricky Gene Hall and
the Goods. It sure feels good to strike listener's fancies this way. On a
personal note, it also feels good to be able to play something new by Tom
Rush after all these decades!
Just a reminder - "GE" streams Fridays from 10 AM till noon at
http://www.fredoniaradio.com
To the list:

Roxy Perry - Roadmaster - In My Sweet Time

Julie Schurr - Hymn 10 - To Her The Bittersweet

Ablaye Cissoko & Volker Goetze - Sira - Sira

Self-Tort - A Paris Tale - Tortology EP

Ren Jie - I Remember - Konghou Yin

Mike Cado Tentet - But It's Dark . . . - Nimmons 'n' Nine . . . Now

Barry & Holly Tashian - The Grey Funnel Line - Long Story Short

Joel Mabus - Firelake - The Joel Mabus Omnibus

Elizabeth LaPrelle - Beware Young Ladies - Lizard in the Spring

Joseph Akins - Joy of Being - Masterpeace

Drumbo - City of Refuge - City of Refuge

Ben Bedford - The Cherry Mine - Land of the Shadows

Rocco John Group - Bass Talk - Devotion

Max Ochs - Imaginational Anthem - Max Ochs

Blue Truth - Since You've Been Gone - Live at Gabe's Backstage Lounge, Vol.
II: Jams and Party Tunes

Kris Delmhorst - Midnight Ringer - Shotgun Singer

Ivo Papasov - Dance of the Falcons - Dance of the Falcons

Horse Flies - Rafting (From My Front Door) - Until the Ocean

Tom Rush - River Song - What I Know

Mambo Kings - Armando's Bomba - Nostalgia

Ricky Gene Hall & the Goods - Nuth'n At All - Bam!

Notorious - Rodeo Clown Rag - Elkins

--
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"