[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH, Boston 1/30/2008

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jan 31 01:34:38 EST 2009

Friday, Jan 30, 8pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7

ROY "LITTLE JAZZ" ELDRIDGE (b. 1/30/1911) also
WHAT'S NEW AND REISSUED ON COMPACT DISC

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Benny Golson: Grove's Groove, New Time, New 'Tet (Concord)
Alan Broadbent: Along Came Betty (Golson), Moment's Notice (Chilly Bin Records)
Antonio Ciacca: I Remember Clifford (Golson), Rush Life (Motema)

8:30pm
Steve Davis: Bosco, Outlook (Positone)
Clifton Anderson: So Wrong About You, Decadae (Doxy)

8:52pm
Roy Eldridge: The Gasser; Jump Through The Window;
Stardust; I Can't Get Started; Embraceable You, After You've Gone (Decca/GRP)

9:10pm
Bill Henderson: You Are My Sunshine, Beautiful Memory (AHUH Productions)
Ann Hampton Callaway: Over The Rainbow, At Last (Telarc)
Cassandra Wilson: Gone With the Wind, Loverly (Blue Note)
Patricia Barber: In The Still of The Night, The Cole Prter mix (Blue Note)

9:37pm
Donald Harrison: To NOLA with Love, The Chosen (Nagel Heyer)
Mike Clark; featuring Donald Harrison: Conchita's Dance,
Blueprints in Jazz, Volume I (Talking House)

10:00pm
Ran Blake: I Loves You, Porgy, Driftwoods (Tompkins Square)
Mike Melvoin: For All We Know, The Art of Conversation (City Light)
Kenny Barron: Memories of You, TheTraveler (Sunnyside)

10:22pm
Eric Dolphy; featuring Roy Eldridge: Body and Soul, Candid Dolphy (Candid)
Coleman Hawkins; featuring Roy Eldridge: Bean Stalkin', At The Opera House (Verve)
Lester Young; featuring Roy Eldridge: I Guess I'll Have To Change My Plan,
Lester Young-The Jazz Giants (Verve)

10:55pm
Miles Davis: Bye Bye Blackbird, Broadcast Sessions 1958-59 (Acrobat Music)
Claudio Roditi: Tune Up, Brazilliance X 4 (Resonance)
Generations: So What, Tough Guys (International Center forThe Arts)

11:20pm
Denny Zeitlin: All of You, Trio In Concert (Sunnyside)
Roger Kellaway: Someday My Prince Will Come, Live at the Jazz Standard (ipo Records)

11:42pm
The Blue Note 7: Criss Cross, Mosaic (Blue Note)
Ravi Coltrane: Epistrophy, Blending Times (Savoy)

11:56pm
Roy Eldridge: The Song is Ended, But the Melody Lingers On,
Little Jazz, The Best of The Verve Years (Verve)