[JPL] Ivo Papasov & Billy Harper questions

Bill Barton seekandlisten at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 14:07:02 EST 2009

A couple of new releases caught my eye on the latest digest.  Does anyone
have contact/promo info for the following CDs?

from Tom Bingham's "General Eclectic" on WCVF:

"Ivo Papasov - Dance of the Falcons - Dance of the Falcons"

     (label?  who's working it?)

from George Thomas at VPR:

"10:02 PM
Africa Revisited (Where Dat Stuff Come From? - Part 1)
Artist Name     Billy Harper
Composer        Billy Harper / Amiri Baraka
Soloists        Billy Harper-Tenor Sax ; Amiri Baraka-Spoken Word ;
Francesca
Tanksley-Piano ; Aaron Scott-Drums ; Keyon Harrold-Trumpet ; Charles
McNeal-Alto Sax
CD/Album        Blueprints Of Jazz, Vol. 2
Record co./Cat #        Talking House 0810-019
Release Year    2009
Note    New

10:21 PM
Knowledge Of Self (Where Dat Stuff Come From? - Part 2)
Artist Name     Billy Harper
Composer        Billy Harper / Amiri Baraka
Soloists        Billy Harper-Tenor Sax ; Amiri Baraka-Spoken Word ;
Francesca
Tanksley-Piano ; Aaron Scott-Drums ; Keyon Harrold-Trumpet ; Charles
McNeal-Alto Sax
CD/Album        Blueprints Of Jazz, Vol. 2
Record co./Cat #        Talking House 0810-019
Release Year    2009
Note    New"

     (new Billy Harper!  long overdue!  what is this label? who do I need
to contact to get a review copy?)

Thanks.