[JPL] Fundraising for Jazz

Claudia Russell crussell at sdccd.edu
Thu Jul 2 17:12:12 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I'm looking for ideas for successful fundraising for live jazz programming.
Some specific questions:
How much of your jazz programming do you actually pitch during? What is the
ratio of active pitching to soft-pitch messages?
How successful is your jazz fundraising on-air (your definition of success,
as each station has different needs and goals)?
How involved are you regular hosts during fundraising; and, what types of
messages do they announce?
Do you use a consultant?

I'm asking this group because I want to get a sense of fundraising from the
programming side. Any comments related to this are appreciated and I thank
you in advance.

Peace,
Claudia

Claudia Russell
Program Director
Jazz Host
KSDS 88.3fm Public Radio
1313 Park Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92101
619-388-3060
www.jazz88.org

"Wild women don't worry...wild women don't have the blues."