[JPL] interview with Syracuse Jazz Fest director

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 14:14:19 EDT 2009

In our (Coastal Jazz/Vancouver International Jazz Festival on now:
http://www.coastaljazz.ca) promotional material, we refer to jazz as a
"sound investment"; I think it's important to encourage people to support
the music in all its forms - live and recorded - but also to make it clear
that we're not looking for a handout, we provide an excellent and popular
product and to be associated with the organization and event has promotional
advantages.  We have an ongoing contract with TD Canada Trust (a Canadian
bank) for an ongoing title sponsorship and this year managed to snag the BC
Honda Dealers (yes, the automotive industry) for a major series sponsorship
on a multi-year deal.
N.