[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 7/5/09

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 5 12:32:37 EDT 2009

WWSP   JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of 7/5/09
WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.

4 or more spins

5 Bob Albanese Trio w Ira Sullivan – One Way/Detour – zoho
4 J.D. Allen Trio – Shine ! – Sunnyside
5  Helio Alves – It’s Clear – Reservoir
5 Bill Anschell/Brent Jensen – We Couldn’t Agree More – Origin
5 Kyle Asche Organ Trio – Blues For Mel – Tippin’ Records
5 Bobby Broom – Plays For Monk – Origin
5 Jane Bunnett – Embracing Voices – Sunnyside
7 Gary Burton/Pat Metheny…. – Quartet Live – Concord
4 Mike Clinco – Neon – Whaling City Sound
4 Cooper & Johnson – Common Journey -  Self produced
4  John Esposito – A Book Of Five Rings – Sunjump Records
4  Rick Germanson Trio – Off The Cuff – Owl
6  Joel Harrison – Urban Myths – HighNote
6 Freddie Hubbard – Without A Song – Blue Note
6  JaLaLa – That Old Mercer Magic – Dare Records
5Jazz Conceptions Orchestra – Self titled – One Five One Records
7 Joe Lovano Us Five – Folk Art – Blue Note
6 Christian McBride & Inside Straight – Kind Of Brown – Mack Ave.
5 Susie Meissner/Brian Lynch – I’ll Remember April – LydianJazz Records
6 David ‘Fathead’ Newman – The Blessing – HighNote
5 Iris Ornig – New Ground – Self produced
5  Ed Palermo Big Band – Eddy Loves Frank – Cuneiform
4 Greg Reitan – Some Other Time – Sunnyside
5  Resonance Big Band – Plays Tribute To Oscar Peterson - Resonance
7 Bobby Sanabria /Manhattan School of Music… - Kenya Revisited Live – Jazzheads
4 Harry Skoler – Two Ones – Soliloquy Records
5 Tiempo Libre – Bach In Havana - Sony
4 Marshall Vente Trio – Marshall Arts – Chicago Sessions
5 Vanessa Williams – The Real Thing – Concord
5 Sam Yahel – Hometown - Positone

2 – 3 spins

2 Bill Banfield Band – Spring Forward – Innova
2 Corina Bartra – Son Zumbon – Blue Spiral
3 Sangeeta Michael Berardi – Earthship – Sunjump Records
3 Craig Buhler – Skykomish – Discernment Music
3 David Crowell Ensemble – Spectrum - Innova
3 Tim Davies Big Band – Dialmentia – Origin
3 Kevin Deitz – Skylines – Origin
3 Lew Del Gatto & Bob Keller – To Al & Zoot, With Love – 220 Music
3 East West Quintet – Vast – Native Language Music
2  Kyle Eastwood – Metropolitain – Rendevous
3 Fred Forney – Chasing Horizons – OA2
3 Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band – I’m BeBoppin’ Too – HalfNote
3 Marcus Goldhaber – Take Me Anywhere – Fallen Apple
3 Louis Hayes – The Time Keeper – 18th & Vine
3 Kevin Hays Trio – You’ve Got A Friend – Jazzeyes
2 Amanda Jantzen – Northern Star/The Singapore Sessions – Starfire
3 Arthur Kell Quartet – Victoria – Bjur Records
3 Jennifer Lee – Quiet Joy – SBE Records
3 Donald Malloy – Spirituality – Self produced
2 Mel Martin – Where The Warm Winds Blow – Jazzed Media
2 Rod McGaha – A Gentle Man – Self Produced
2 Paul Meyers – World On A String – Miles High Records
2 Sophie Milman – Take Love Easy – Linus
3 Chris Morrissey Quartet – The Morning World – Sunnyside
3 Judy Niemack – In The Sundance – blujazz
2 Positive Catastrophe – Garbatos Vol. One – Cuneiform
2 Frank Potenza Trio – Old, New, Borrowed & Blue – Capri
3 Curt Ramm/Dan Moretti/Bill Cunliffe – Foundations – Foundations Jazz Records
3 Cynthia Scott – Dream For One Bright World – Ttocs Music
2 Scottish National Jazz Orchestra – Rhapsody In Blue/Live – Spartacus Records
3 Second Sight – Flying With The Comet – Sunjump Records
3 Bobby Selvaggio – Modern Times – Arabesque
2 Grant Stewart – Plays The Music Of…  - Sharp Nine Records
3 Rob Thorsen – Lasting Impression – Pacific Coast Jazz
2 Akiko Tsuruga – Oriental Express – 18th & Vine
3 Kobie Watkins – Involved – Origin
3 Chip White – More Dedications – Dark Colors

 JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 7/5/09

Jackie Allen – Starry Night – Avant Bass
Etienne Charles – Folklore – Self Produced
Sarah DeLeo – I’m In Heaven Tonight – Sweet Sassy Music
Kurt Elling – Dedicated To You – Concord
Dave Glenn – National Pastime – Origin
Paul Gormley Quartet – Our Delight – Talking Dog Records
Eddie Harris/Ellis Marsalis – Homecoming – ELM Records
Diane Hubka – I Like It Here – SSJ Records
Joe Locke David Hazeltine Quartet – Mutual Admiration Society 2 – Sharp Nine
Greta Matassa – I Wanna be Loved – Resonance
Chad Mccullough – Dark Wood, Dark  Water – Origin
Oster/Welker Jazz Alliance – Shining Hour – Jazzed Media
Edward Simon Trio – Poesia – Cam Jazz
Luciana Souza – Tide – Verve
Baptiste Trotigon – Share – Sunnyside
Cory Weeds Quintet – Everything Coming Up Weeds – Cellar Live
Western Michigan Univ. – Rhthm Spirit – Sea Breeze
Jack Wilkins – Until It’s Time - MaxJazz

W = WORLD          ***  =  Add this week

W 3 Bajofundo – Mardulce – Decca
*** Ce’u – Vagarosa – Six Degrees
*** Tigran Hamasyan – Red Hail – Plus Loin
W 5 The Latin Project – Musica De La Noche – TLP Musica Records
W 3 Maitei’ America: Harps Of Paraguay – Smithsonian Folkways
W 5 Andy Narell & Relator – University Of Calypso – Heads Up
W 7 Nickodemus – Sun People - ESL
W 5 Omara Portuondo – Gracias – World Village
W 6 Oumou Sangare – Seya – World Circuit
W 3 Son de Madera – Son de Mi Tierra – Smithsonian Folkways
*** Tanaora – di’a real – Mondo Records
W 3 Vayo – Tango – Pantaleon Records

PLUS  =  Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP

4 Fernando Benadon – Intuitivo - Innova
3 Lawrence Blatt – The Color Of Sunshine – LMB Music
2 Richard Bliwas – Uncovered – Rising Rose Records
*** Eclectica – Streaming Video Soul – Artist Share
3 Elizabeth & The Catapult – Taller Children – Verve Forecast
4 Sertab Erener & Demir Demirkan – Painted On Water - Motema
3 Michael Farley – Grain - Innova
3 John Hebert – Byzantine Monkey – Firehouse 12 Records
5  Levon Helm – Electric Dirt – Dirt Farmer Music/Vanguard
5 Sarah Jarosz – Song Up In Her Head – Sugar Hill
2 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
2 Carl Maguire’s Floraculture – Sided Silver Solid – Firehouse 12 Records
5 Novalima – Coba Coba remixed - Cumbancha
4 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club – Cryptogramophone
4 Rented Mule – X – Self produced

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 7/12/09.  I will have space for 20 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive.
Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.
 Russ

Russell Haines
Jazz/World Music Director