[JPL] PLAYLIST: 7-05-09 Sunday Jazz Matinee/WSHA FM 88.9

Benjamin Boddie bfboddie at msn.com
Sun Jul 5 20:44:20 EDT 2009

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.
www.wshafm.org<http://www.wshafm.org/>

Sunday Jazz Matinee
For The Love Of Jazz
Ben Boddie
bfboddie at msn.com<mailto:bfboddie at msn.com>

Noon
Courtney Pine - Children Of The Ghetto - Journey To The Urge Within - Antilles - 1986
Jim Ketch - Changes You Can Believe In - Next Set - Summit Records - 2009
Grant Stewart - Something To Live For - Plays The Music Of Duke Ellington & Billy Strayhorn - Sharp Nine Records - 2009
Diane Hubka - Angel Eyes - I Like It Here - SSJ Records - 2009
Joe Locke/Dave Hazeltine Quartet - One For Reedy Ree - Mutual Admiration Society 2 - Sharp Nine Records - 2009
Bobby Broom - In Walked Bud - Plays For Monk - Origin Records - 2009
Judy Niemack - Summertime - In The Sundance - Blue Jazz - 2009
Dave Siebels - I Love You Even More Again - Big Phat Band - PBGL - 2009

1:00
Quincy Jones - Summer In The City - I Heard That - AM Records - 1976
Carl Allen & Rodney Whitaker - Work To Do - Work To Do - Mack Avenue Records - 2009
Christian McBride & Inside Straight - Brother Mister - Kind Of Brown - Mack Avenue Records - 2009
Bennie Maupin - It Remains To Be Seen - Slow Traffic To The Right - Polygram Records - 1977
Etienne Charles - Folklore - Folklore - Etienne Charles - 2009
Bobby Watson - Wilks BBQ - From The Heart - Palmetto Records - 2007
Kurt Elling - All Or Nothing At All - Dedicated To You - Concord Music - 2009
Bobby Sanabria - Wild Jungle - Kenya Live - Jazzheads - 2009

2:00
Donald Byrd - Sister Love - Street Lady - Blue Note - 1993
Jesse Jones Jr. - My Brother Melton - The So Then Collection - LP&J Music - 2007
Avewry Sharpe Trio - Boston Baked Blues - Autumn Moonlight - JKNM Records - 2009
Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band - 'Round Midnight - I'm BeBoppin Too - Half Note - 2009
Donald Malloy - Uplift - Spirituality - Donald Malloy - 2009
Hailey Niswanger - Dilouqui Valley - Confeddie - Hailey Niswanger - 2009
Haiary Kole - Better Than Anything - Haunted Heart - Justin Time Records - 2009
Rick Germanson Trio - Up Jumped Spring - Off The Cuff - Owl Studio - 2009

3:00
Sonny Rolllins - Little Lu - Love At First Sight - Milestone - 1980
Hank Mobley - Dig Dis - Soul Station - Blue Note - 1999
Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder - The Sidewinder - Blue Note - 1963
Eddie Harris - Freedom Jazz Dance - Greater Than The Sum Of His Parts - 32 Jazz - 1998
Cal Tjader - Manuel Deeghit - Cuban Fantasy - Fantasy Records - 2003
Melody Gardot - Who Will Comfort Me - My One And Only Thrill - Verve - 2009