[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 7/5

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Jul 6 13:31:20 EDT 2009

This past weekend's version of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid (USAF Band-Allen Vizzutti special)

USAF Band-Allen Vizzutti    Them There Eyes
USAF

USAF Band-Allen Vizzutti    Green Dolphin Street

USAF Band-Allen Vizzutti    One in a Million

USAF Band-Allen Vizzutti    Georgia on My Mind

USAF Band-Allen Vizzutti    I'll Remember April

USAF Band-Allen Vizzutti    Small Fry

USAF Band-Allen Vizzutti    Joy Spring

USAF Band-Allen Vizzutti    Fire Dance

1:00AM

Jack DeJohnette         Ode to MJQ                  Music We Are
Kindred Rhythm

Modern Jazz Quartet      La Ronde Suite                MJQ 40
Atlantic

Enrico Rava                Interiors                    New York Days
ECM

Baptiste Trotignon          Dexter                                 Share
Sunnyside

Tom Harrell             In the Infinite                   Prana Dance
High Note

Thomas Marriott           Detour Ahead                  Flexicon
Origin

2:00AM

Gary McFarland      America the Beautiful               (same)            El
Records

Charlie Haden     America the Beautiful         Not in Our Name     Verve

3:00AM

Charnett Moffett       Swing Rock      The Art of Improvisation      Motema

Frank Catalano           Funky Dunky                    Bang!
Savoy

Rented Mule                            X                          (same)
Rented Mule

McCoy Tyner-Derek Trucks    Slapjack Blues    Guitars                 McCoy
Tyner Music

Nicholas Payton      Fleur de Lys            Into the Blue
Nonesuch

Daniel Sadownick       The Moon Has Flown

                                                             There Will Be a
Day             In Time

John Esposito             Bwarat             A Book of Five Rings
Sunjump

4:00AM

South Nine Ensemble   My Shining Hour   Doing It Augie Style    Playtime

Frank Potenza              Ode to Billie Joe

                                                    Old, New, Borrowed and
Blue      Capri

Paul Gormley            Sweet and Lovely         Our Delight
Talking Dog

Kevin Hays               Think of One      You've Got a Friend
Jazzeyes

Edward Simon                Giant Steps                   Poesia
CamJazz

Stanley Clarke                    Isotope              Jazz in the Garden
Heads Up

Kenny Burrell                Common Ground            Prime
High Note

5:00AM

Damian     Green Dolphin Street   With Brian Lynch and Friends     D&R

Susie Meissner     I'll Remember April                        (same)
Lydian Jazz

Rod McGaha    How Long Has This Been Going On?

Gentle Man            McGaha

Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band      If You Could See Me Now

                                                                  I'm
BeBoppin' Too           Half Note

Shaynee Rainbolt                  Sounds in the Night; Five AM

Charmed Life           Rainbolt

Scott Reeves            Shape Shifter                         (same)
Miles High

David Newman                 SKJ                          The Blessing
High Note

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV