[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jul 9 08:56:42 EDT 2009

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice
of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on
the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA
service via shortwave transmission. The show is two hours long and
reaches a potential audience of 134 million listeners worldwide each
weekend.

Jazz America airs twice each weekend online in the Eastern time zone
on Saturday from 1-3 AM (That's 11 PM-1 AM Pacific time, Friday into
Saturday AM) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM
Pacific). Go to the following url (http://www.voanews.com/english/
Entertainment/musicmixold.cfm) and click on “LISTEN LIVE NOW” to hear
the show!

Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on
schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your
timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

For any comments or communication you can reach me by email at jazz-
america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis
Jazz America…Voice of America
105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003

phone...212 614-0424            email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1043...11-12 July 2009
NICOLE MITCHELL’S BLACK EARTH STRINGS…ice (renegades)

BOBBY SANABRIA…wild jungle (kenya revisited-live)

*Kurt Elling Interview
KURT ELLING…they say it’s wonderful (dedicated to you)
DAVID HAZELTINE-JOE LOCKE…pharaoh joy (mutual admiration 2)

PAPA JOHN DEFRANCESCO…riders on the storm big shot)

CARMEN LUNDY…fire in the rhythm (solamente)

*Christian McBride Interview
CHRISTIAN McBRIDE…brother mister (kind of brown)
ED PALERMO BIG BAND…regyptian strut (eddy loves frank)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1044...11-12 July 2009
ETIENNE CHARLES…douens (folklore)

HILARY COLE…how am I to know (haunted heart)

*Dave Douglas Interview
DAVE DOUGLAS…mr. pitiful (spirit moves)
BENNY POWELL…you got it (nextep)

DIZZY GILLESPIE ALL-STAR BAND…birk’s works (I’m beboppin’ too)

JALALA…accentuate the positive (that old mercer magic)

*Mike Stern Interview
MIKE STERN…Moroccan roll (big neighborhood)
BURTON-METHENY QUARTET…fleurette africaine (tbd)

Next Show …

SHOWS #1045-1046...18-19 July 2009
Special Feature: Looking back at the
highlights of the 30th edition of the