[JPL] Len Dobbin

david weiss njco2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 11:50:44 EDT 2009

Folks, I don't know if this is confirmed or not and I would hate to start a false rumor but I just read this over at the organissimo board. It was posted by someone who is at the Montreal Festival.

"Sad news item to pass along, not sure if he's well known here to make a
thread about him. Jazz writer, photograph Len Dobbin was declared
clinically dead last night, he was at the Upstairs bar to attend the
Felix Stussi/ Ray Anderson gig when he suddenly colapsed.

Len was a great friend of the jazz community, Pepper Adams even wrote a song in his honor titled Dobbin".

Can anyone confirm this?