[JPL] len dobbin

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 12:32:31 EDT 2009

He was very proud of his role in that Sheila Jordan recording and it's worth
noting that Sheila does a shout-out to Len at the end of his favourite song
The Crossing on that recording which he mentions in the liner notes.  I'll
be playing that as part of my shout-out to Len on the show today .. N

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 7:26 AM, ron-gill at att.net <ron-gill at att.net> wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2009, at 8:05 PM, Tetrachord Music wrote:
>
>  Len Dobbin's name is legendary. You didn't have to know him personally.
>  You just knew he was there doing what he loved to do, playing and
>  promoting jazz.
>  His JPL comments were always well done and was great to see what he
>  was playing and listening to.
>  Yes, Winter Sunshine, by Sheila Jordan would be one of the currant CDs
>  that he was part of.
>  May he rest in peace, and I extend my condolences to his family and
> friends
>  that I am sure loved him deeply.
>  We will miss his comments here on JPL.
>  Ron Gill
>

> I never met Len Dobbins, but he played my CDs and sent me an e-mail saying
>> how much he enjoyed my music.  He also thoughtfully sent me an e-mail
>> greeting on my last birthday - and it wasn't even a landmark one, at that.
>> What a special guy he must have been.  He died with his boots on - or
>> shortly thereafter - his last conscious moments spent in his favorite jazz
>> club waiting for the performance to begin.
>>
>> Deepest condolences to his family and friends from Sanna and me,
>>
>> Larry Vuckovich
>> jazz pianist
>>
>> Larry Vuckovich/Sanna Craig
>> Tetrachord Music
>> 707-942-9007
>> www.larryvuciovich.com
>>

>> on 7/9/09 4:22 PM, George Thomas at jazz at vpr.net wrote:
>>
>> Sad news indeed. Len showed up at the Burlington Discover Jazz Festival
>>> every year, always at the most interesting events. Clearly a man whose
>>> ears were keen and alive and as many have mentioned already, a real
>>> friend
>>> to jazz everywhere, not just in Montreal. I saw him come into Muddy
>>> Waters, a local favorite coffee joint in Burlington, Vermont, with a
>>> woman
>>> friend on each arm, his "guardian angels Dorothee Berryman and Monique
>>> Fauteux" talking and entertaining, before catching that evening's
>>> Discover
>>> Jazz show at the Flynn.
>>>

>> --

====