[JPL] Reality

Jackson, Bobby Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org
Fri Jul 10 19:46:01 EDT 2009

That's some sad ka ka.....

Bobby

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com
[mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Phillip
Greenlief
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 7:34 PM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: Re: [JPL] Reality

Jae,

I hear and see behavior like this quite a lot. It's astonishing how
narrow it is out there these days.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 10, 2009, at 4:17 PM, Jae Sinnett <jaejazz at yahoo.com> wrote:

I was in a record store the other day. Mom and pop venue with a nice
jazz selection. They were playing a relatively unknown jazz artist in
the store. To the general public this artist may not be that known but
would be to many on this list. I knew who it was. The conversation I
over heard went like this...Customer: "Is that Herbie Hancock? I didn't
know he had something new out so I definitely have to get it. How much?"
The counter person: "It's not Herbie" and told them who it was.
Customer: It's not Herbie?" Counter person: "Nope." Customer:"Oh
well...thought I had me some new Herbie."

The stunning thing about this is that they LIKED the music but once they
didn't recognize the name...the artist was toast. Didn't even give it a
second look. That's how stupid it is out here now.

Jae Sinnett

List information:
Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

List information: