[JPL] Great Canadian jazz broadcaster dies

DATNOTES at aol.com DATNOTES at aol.com
Sat Jul 11 22:48:18 EDT 2009

In sending out CDs for airplay it is not often that I receive a response
from a radio host. However, Len Dobbins did.  In fact,  he told me that he was
listening to my CD as he was writing.  That wasn't all that he had to say
either.  He talked about Bertha Hope, one of  musicians, and how he knew her
and when he last saw her.  He talked about his connection to Dorothee
Berryman and how he thought I should send her a CD and how he thought she would
like it.  He thanked me for recording "A Child Is Born" for Thad was a friend
of his.  When I received the email I was so touched because he responded and
because he had so much to say!  He didn't have to do that- but he did!
Obviously, that's the kind of man that he was.  I send my condolences to the
family and friends of Len Dobbin, a man who will truly be missed in the jazz
community.  I'm glad that I had the good fortune to connect with him during
his lifetime.

Sincerely,
Dotti Anita Taylor