[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz July 11,2009

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 12 08:50:34 EDT 2009

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for July 11,2009

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up…

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for July 11, 2009

Hour 1

PHIL KELLY AND THE SW SANTA ANA WINDS - "Zip Code 2005" - My Museum - (Origin)

BEN TUCKER - "T.N.T." - Sweet Thunder - (indep)

CHRIS BUZZELLI - "Steppin In It" - I Can Pick My Friends - (indep)

BRIAN BROMBERG - "If I Should Lose You" - It's About Time - The Acoustic Project - (indep)

REBECCA BARRY - "Goose On the Loose" - And Then Some - (indep)

GENE LUDWIG - "Groove Yard" - Hands On - (Blues Leaf)

TED KOOSHIAN - "50-50 Bar" - Clockwork - (indep)

JOEL FRAHM - "Jobimiola" - We Used to Dance - (Anzik)

Hour 2

MILES DAVIS - "Airegin" - Complete Prestige Recordings - (Prestige)

JOE HENDERSON - "Miles Ahead" - So Near So Far - (Verve)

INTERNATIONAL GROOVE CONSPIRACY - "Beyond Horizon" - Beyond Horizon - (indep)

MARK COLBY - "Caroline's Romp" - Reflections - (Origin)

VINCE NORMAN AND JOE MCCARTHY BIG BAND - "Voo Zsa Day" - Words Cannot Express - (Origin)

ART FARMER/BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "It Ain't Necessarily So" - Complete Argo/Mercury - (Mosaic)

KOBIE WATKINS - "Affectious" - Involved - (Origin)

LINDA DACHTYL - "Les Chat Blues" - For Hep Cats - (Chicken Coup)

RAY BARRETTO - "Ivy" - Standards Rican-ditioned - (Zoho)

DEXTER GORDON - "Soul Sister" - Dexter Calling - (Blue Note)

Hour 3

KRISTIN KORB - "Evrything I've Got" - Why Can't You Behave - (Double K)
JOHN PIZZARELLI W/GEORGE SHEARING - "Lemon Twist" - The Rare Delight of You - (Telarc)

FRANK SINATRA - "Night and Day" - Capitol Collection - (Capitol)

GRADY TATE - "You Are My Sunshine" - From the Heart - (Halfnote)

TAKE 6 W/AARON NEVILLE - "Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans" - The Standard - (Heads Up)

JOE SAMPLE/RANDY CRAWFORD - "Last Night at Danceland" - Feeling Good - (PRA)

ANITA O'DAY - "What Is This Thing Called Love" - unknown

GARRISON ELLIOTT - "Silver Linings" - Letters Never Sent - (Harper St)

JAMIE DAVIS - "Blue Skies" - Vibe Over Perfection - (indep)

KENNY BURRELL - "Stormy Monday/Blues For the Count" - 75th Birthday Bash - (Blue Note)

TONY BENNETT W/STEVIE WONDER - "For Once In My Life" - Duets - (Sony)

PATTI AUSTIN - "I'll Build a Stairway to Paradise" - Avant Gershwin - (Rendezvous)

Hour 4

FRED FORNEY - "The Simplest Things" - Chasing Horizons - (Origin)

CANNONBALL ADDERLEY - "Autumn Leaves" - Somethin Else - (Blue Note)

TOM BRANTLEY - "Confirmation" - Boneyard - (Summit)

LENORE RAPHAEL - "One For the Bird" - Class Act - (Swingin Fox)

KYLE ASCHE ORGAN TRIO W/MEL RHYNE - "Swedish Schnapps" - Blues For Mel - (Tippin)

GEORGE COTSIRILOS TRIO - "On the Rebop" - On the Rebop - (Origin)

THOMAS MARRIOTT - "Summer Night" - Both Sides of the Fence - (Origin)

Hour 5

JAZZ THE '59 SOUND RADIO SPECIAL - 1 hour

Hour 6

MILES DAVIS KIND OF BLUE 50TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL - 1 hour

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM