[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 7/12/09

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 12 14:07:40 EDT 2009

WWSP   JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of 7/12/09
WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.

4 or more spins

5 Bob Albanese Trio w Ira Sullivan – One Way/Detour – zoho
4 J.D. Allen Trio – Shine ! – Sunnyside
4 Sangeeta Michael Berardi – Earthship – Sunjump Records
5 Bill Anschell/Brent Jensen – We Couldn’t Agree More – Origin
5 Bobby Broom – Plays For Monk – Origin
5 Jane Bunnett – Embracing Voices – Sunnyside
7 Gary Burton/Pat Metheny…. – Quartet Live – Concord
4 Cooper & Johnson – Common Journey -  Self produced
4 East West Quintet – Vast – Native Language Music
7 Kurt Elling – Dedicated To You – Concord
4  John Esposito – A Book Of Five Rings – Sunjump Records
4  Rick Germanson Trio – Off The Cuff – Owl
4 Dave Glenn – National Pastime – Origin
6  Joel Harrison – Urban Myths – HighNote
7 Eddie Harris/Ellis Marsalis – Homecoming – ELM Records
4 Louis Hayes – The Time Keeper – 18th & Vine
6 Freddie Hubbard – Without A Song – Blue Note
6  JaLaLa – That Old Mercer Magic – Dare Records
7 Joe Locke David Hazeltine Quartet – Mutual Admiration Society 2 – Sharp Nine
4 Greta Matassa – I Wanna be Loved – Resonance
6 Christian McBride & Inside Straight – Kind Of Brown – Mack Ave.
5 Susie Meissner/Brian Lynch – I’ll Remember April – LydianJazz Records
4 Sophie Milman – Take Love Easy – Linus
6 David ‘Fathead’ Newman – The Blessing – HighNote
4 Judy Niemack – In The Sundance – blujazz
4 Greg Reitan – Some Other Time – Sunnyside
7 Bobby Sanabria /Manhattan School of Music… - Kenya Revisited Live – Jazzheads
4 Bobby Selvaggio – Modern Times – Arabesque
4 Harry Skoler – Two Ones – Soliloquy Records
6 Luciana Souza – Tide – Verve
5 Kobie Watkins – Involved – Origin
5 Vanessa Williams – The Real Thing – Concord

2 – 3 spins

3 Jackie Allen – Starry Night – Avant Bass
3 Bill Banfield Band – Spring Forward – Innova
3 Craig Buhler – Skykomish – Discernment Music
3 Etienne Charles – Folklore – Self Produced
3 David Crowell Ensemble – Spectrum - Innova
3 Tim Davies Big Band – Dialmentia – Origin
3 Kevin Deitz – Skylines – Origin
2 Sarah DeLeo – I’m In Heaven Tonight – Sweet Sassy Music
2  Kyle Eastwood – Metropolitain – Rendevous
3 Fred Forney – Chasing Horizons – OA2
3 Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band – I’m BeBoppin’ Too – HalfNote
3 Marcus Goldhaber – Take Me Anywhere – Fallen Apple
2 Paul Gormley Quartet – Our Delight – Talking Dog Records
3 Kevin Hays Trio – You’ve Got A Friend – Jazzeyes
2 Diane Hubka – I Like It Here – SSJ Records
3 Arthur Kell Quartet – Victoria – Bjur Records
3 Jennifer Lee – Quiet Joy – SBE Records
3 Donald Malloy – Spirituality – Self produced
3 Chad Mccullough – Dark Wood, Dark  Water – Origin
3 Rod McGaha – A Gentle Man – Self Produced
3 Paul Meyers – World On A String – Miles High Records
3 Oster/Welker Jazz Alliance – Shining Hour – Jazzed Media
3 Frank Potenza Trio – Old, New, Borrowed & Blue – Capri
3 Cynthia Scott – Dream For One Bright World – Ttocs Music
2 Scottish National Jazz Orchestra – Rhapsody In Blue/Live – Spartacus Records
3 Second Sight – Flying With The Comet – Sunjump Records
3 Edward Simon Trio – Poesia – CAM Jazz
3 Grant Stewart – Plays The Music Of…  - Sharp Nine Records
2 Baptiste Trotigon – Share – Sunnyside
3 Akiko Tsuruga – Oriental Express – 18th & Vine
3 Cory Weeds Quintet – Everything Coming Up Weeds – Cellar Live
2 Western Michigan Univ. – Rhythm Spirit – Sea Breeze
3 Chip White – More Dedications – Dark Colors
3 Jack Wilkins – Until It’s Time - MaxJazz

 JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 7/12/09

Johnnie Bassett – The Gentleman is Back – Sly Dog  (Soooo Sweet! RH)
Jerry Bergonzi – Simply Put – Savant
Josh Berman – Old Idea – Delmark
N. Glenn Davis Quintet – Come Right In – Jazzed Media
Elli Fordyce – Songs Spun Of Gold – Self Produced
Faith Gibson – Big Moon – Capricopia Records
Peter Hand Big Band – The Wizard Of Jazz – Savant
Jake Hertzog – Chromatosphere – That’s Out Records
Jesse Jones Jr. – The So Then Collection – LP & J Music
Jim Ketch – Next Set – Summit
Art Lillard’s On Time Band – It’s Time – Summit
Nicole Mitchell’s Black Earth Strings – Renegades – Delmark
Hailey Niswanger – Confeddie – Self Produced
Sean Nowell – The Seeker – Positone
Bill Ortiz – From Where I Stand – Tangent Records
Kat Walker – Jazz Skat Gumbo – Self Produced
Trey Wright Trio – Thinking Out Loud – Blue Canoe

W = WORLD          ***  =  Add this week

W 3 Bajofundo – Mardulce – Decca
W 6 Ce’u – Vagarosa – Six Degrees
W 5 Tigran Hamasyan – Red Hail – Plus Loin
W 5 The Latin Project – Musica De La Noche – TLP Musica Records
W 3 Maitei’ America: Harps Of Paraguay – Smithsonian Folkways
W 5 Andy Narell & Relator – University Of Calypso – Heads Up
W 5 Omara Portuondo – Gracias – World Village
W 6 Oumou Sangare – Seya – World Circuit
W 3 Son de Madera – Son de Mi Tierra – Smithsonian Folkways
W 4 Tanaora – di’a real – Mondo Records
W 3 Vayo – Tango – Pantaleon Records

PLUS  =  Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP

4 Fernando Benadon – Intuitivo - Innova
3 Lawrence Blatt – The Color Of Sunshine – LMB Music
*** Marcie Brown – Butterfly Girl – Self Produced
4 Eclectica – Streaming Video Soul – Artist Share
3 Elizabeth & The Catapult – Taller Children – Verve Forecast
4 Sertab Erener & Demir Demirkan – Painted On Water - Motema
3 Michael Farley – Grain - Innova
3 John Hebert – Byzantine Monkey – Firehouse 12 Records
5  Levon Helm – Electric Dirt – Dirt Farmer Music/Vanguard
5 Sarah Jarosz – Song Up In Her Head – Sugar Hill
2 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
2 Carl Maguire’s Floraculture – Sided Silver Solid – Firehouse 12 Records
*** Maurice – Ace Of Wands – Ears & Eyes Records
*** Joe Morris – Wildlife – AUM Fidelity
5 Novalima – Coba Coba remixed - Cumbancha
4 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club – Cryptogramophone
*** Patrick Rydman- I Will Do It – Footprint Records
*** Otis Taylor – Pentatonic Wars & Love Songs – Telarc Blues

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 7/19/09.  I will have space for 15 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive.
Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.
 Russ

Russell Haines
Jazz/World Music Director