[JPL] This week on MOJA Radio

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jul 13 16:47:33 EDT 2009

Hey folks…Russ Davis here,  and here’s a quick rundown of this weeks
special programs on MOJA Radio! It's the WORLD'S MOdern JAzz Radio
channel online at www.mojaradio.com!

Russ Davis
MOJA Radio
105 East 16th Street
# 7 South
New York, NY 10003
russ at mojaradio.com

LIVE @ MOJALand happens every Wednesday night at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM
Pacific and Sunday at 9 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific, and since it’s
summertime and festival season around the world, we’ll continue our
summer-long series of classic live performances recorded at great
jazz festivals with Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke, Lenny White & Al Di
Meola. It’s RETURN TO FOREVER LIVE IN MONTREAL 2008 on this week’s
edition of LIVE @ MOJALand!

Every Friday beginning at 7 AM until midnight Eastern time we’ll
begin each hour with a classic piece of Jazz Fusion history and give
you the mojo behind this controversial era in jazz history. Some say
fusion ruined jazz, while others say it saved the music.  You know
how we feel, so listen and make up your own mind. IF IT’S FRIDAY,
THIS MUST BE FUSION on MOJA Radio.

Each week MOJA Radio presents an hour of the newest MOJA on "THE ALL
NEW MUSIC REVUE!” with Russ Davis.  Listen twice on Thursdays at 10
AM and 10 PM Eastern time and again on Sunday nights at 8 PM Eastern.
and on this week’s edition Russ plays the newest from Christian
McBride, The Ed Palermo Big Band doing Zappa, Carmen Lundy, Nicole
Mitchell, “Papa” John DeFranceso and much more on " THE ALL NEW MUSIC
REVUE.”

This Saturday, July 18th, we’ll presnent another edition of our
weekly feature WORDS & MUSIC, this one titled “MONTREAL MOJA 2009!”
For the 6th year in a row Russ Davis covered the Montreal Jazz
Festival and had the chance to talk with some of the great artists
there.  You’ll hear from Joshua Redman, Dave Holland, The Bad Plus,
Lenny White, Russell Malone, Erik Truffaz and others.  Interview
segments followed by music, begin each hour from Noon through
Midnight Eastern.   It's “MONTREAL MOJA 2009!” on Saturday’s edition
of WORDS & MUSIC.

And twice on Monday, July 20th, we’ll present another edition of our
feature…MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS on MOJA Radio featuring an hour of
one of the greatest guitarist of all time just two days before his
birthday.  It’s  AL DI MEOLA this Monday at 9AM Eastern/6 AM Pacific,
with a replay Monday night at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific.

And mark down on your calendar the date Tuesday, August 4th at 9 AM
and again at 9 PM EST for the premiere of the all NEW Jammin’ Jazz…
Jazz For The New Generation with Michelle Sammartino… bringing it to
you all revamped for MOJA Radio!”