[JPL] Playlist, Tuesday, 7-14-09, WHFC-FM 91.1

Desert Island Jazz desert.island.jazz at verizon.net
Mon Jul 13 22:03:57 EDT 2009

Playlist for Desert Island Jazz with Dave May, Tuesday, 7-14-09, 6 - 9
PM Eastern, WHFC-FM 91.1, Bel Air, MD.

Audio stream link is on the program website www.desertislandjazz.net.

TITLE    ALBUM    LABEL    ARTIST    TIME

TAKE TEN (intro)   COMPLETE DESMOND/HALL QUARTET    MOSAIC    PAUL
DESMOND/JIM HALL    3:10
ROAD SONG    ASKEW    RANCH CABIN    LESLIE BAKER    5:13
LONG AGO AND FAR AWAY    YOU KNOW    CITY LIGHT    MIKE MELVOIN TRIO    7:39
JAZZ MOMENTS    SYNDICATED FEATURE    NEA        1:30

THE LADY IS A TRAMP    LIVE IN AUSTRALIA    BLUE NOTE    FRANK
SINATRA/RED NORVO    4:41
I DON'T KNOW    FANTASTIC FRANK STROZIER    VEE JAY    FRANK STROZIER
8:00
EAST OF THE SUN    A TO Z    RCA (FRANCE)    AL COHN/ZOOT SIMS    4:15

VINE STREET RUMBLE    APRIL IN PARIS    COGNITO    LORI MECHEM
QUARTET    3:12
WALTZ FOR DEBBY    THE BILL EVANS ALBUM    COLUMBIA    BILL EVANS
TRIO    7:41
THE DEAR DEPARTED PAST    AT THE JAZZ BAKERY: RETROMANIA    ARBORS
DAVE FRISHBERG    6:20

FILLINGS    HAWTHORNE NIGHTS    PABLO    ZOOT SIMS    5:23
I WILL FOLLOW YOU    FANTASTIC JAZZ HARP    ATLANTIC    DOROTHY ASHBY
3:07
SUNSHOWER    CRYING SKY BLUE    DOWNBEAT DAD    SEAN LANE    9:27

THE SCENE IS CLEAN    WHERE DO YOU START?    ORIGIN    DON LANPHERE    10:12
GOOD MORNING HEARTACHE    KEN BURNS JAZZ    VERVE    BILLIE HOLIDAY    3:06
DANCE ME TO THE END OF LOVE    CARELESS LOVE    ROUNDER    MADELEINE
PEYROUX    3:57

PASSION FRUIT    LIVE AT QUASIMODO CLUB    SELF-PRODUCED    RONNIE CUBER
QUARTET    8:17
I'M BEBOPPIN' TOO    I'M BEBOPPIN' TOO    HALFNOTE    DIZZY GILLESPIE
ALL STAR BIG BAND    2:39
LITTLE SUNFLOWER    IT WAS ONLY A DREAM    RHOMBUS    RHONDA GIANNELLI
QUARTET    7:10

TURNING POINT    LIVE AT THE TOP    ATLANTIC    JUNIOR MANCE/FATHEAD
NEWMAN    7:50
WIERD-O    THE JAZZ MESSENGERS    COLUMBIA    ART BLAKEY    7:05
NO MORE BLUES    LIVE AT ANNA'S JAZZ ISLAND    SELF-PRODUCED    VICKI
BURNS    2:54

IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW    LOTUS BLOSSOM    CONCORD    KENNY BURRELL    5:38
LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME    WALKING SHOES    PICKWICK    GERRY MULLIGAN
QUARTET    3:14
PURE SPIRIT    COLORS    OWL    STEVE ALLEE TRIO    8:13

GALATEA'S GUITAR    DREAMS    SKYE/GRYPHON    GABOR SZABO    5:37
THE THUMB    JAZZ MASTERS 14    VERVE    WES MONTGOMERY    4:49
GREENSLEEVES    COMPLETE DESMOND/HALL QUARTET    MOSAIC    PAUL
DESMOND/JIM HALL    2:02
YOU LOOK GOOD TO ME    WE GET REQUESTS    VERVE    OSCAR PETERSON
TRIO    4:54