[JPL] New Music Adds for MOJA Radio

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Jul 15 11:09:23 EDT 2009

Hey folks...the World's MOdern JAzz radio channel (www.mojaradio.com)
is cooking and here's what we've added in just the past two weeks...

To our artist and record company partners thank you and keep the good
stuff coming!

Russ Davis
VOA/MOJA Radio
105 East 16th Street
# 7 South
New York, NY 10003
russ at mojaradio.com
		jazz-america at voa.gov

Michelle Sammartino
MOJA Radio
18456 Alydar Way
Boca Raton, FL 33496
michelle at mojaradio.com

NEW MUSIC JUST ADDED TO MOJA Radio...
So much of jazz on the radio, online or otherwise, is dedicated to
the music of the past.  Well, we here at MOJA Radio love the past,
mostly the electric past of course, but we’re looking to discover the
jazz of the present and future.  So to put a special spotlight on
what’s up now we’ve created a show called THE ALL NEW MUSIC REVUE.
We think it speaks for itself.  You can hear it three times each week
if you subscribe to MOJA Radio…twice on Thursdays (10 AM & 10 PM
Eastern) and again on Sundays at 8 PM Eastern as part of our SUNDAY
SPECIALS.  On the first edition we played French trumpeter Erik
Truffaz’s new one “Rendezvous,” the import that Russ picked up in
Montreal, that looks like it won’t be released in the USA.  No
worries as some if it was featured on the first All New Music Revue.
We followed that with Mike Stern’s brilliant new thing called “Big
Neighborhood.”  What a large neighborhood indeed as Mike plays with
Medeski, Martin & Wood, Randy Brecker, Steve Vai, Dave Weckly,
Esperanza Spalding and many more. Then we played the new ones from
the Gary Burton-Pat Metheny Quartet, Chris Potter, Bela Fleck’s new
African project, some nu-jazz from Italy’s Nicola Conte, the ageless
Chico Hamilon, The Stanley Clarke Trio with Lenny White & Hiromi,
Dave Douglas & his acoustic band Brass Ecstacy doing an Otis Redding
tune on this new one titled Spirit Moves.

The second week of operation we premier the new releases by Carmen
Lundy, “Papa” John DeFrancesco, Nicole Mitchell, Kyle Eastwood,
Christian McBride, Ed Palermo Big Band, Jeff Berlin and the band from
Nashville known as Eclectia.  Michelle and Russ get tons of new music
in the mail each week and we’ll sift through it all for you and find
the tastiest tracks.  For example, next month we will look forward to
new ones from Stefon Harris & his electric outfit Blackout, pianist
Eldar, funky guitarist Jeff Golub and always more!