[JPL] Jazz food

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Fri Jul 17 16:55:46 EDT 2009

Pre-Turkey & Hawk Fun for November 21, 2007 Jazz In The Evening  With
George Thomas

Playlist

08:01 PM
Cooking One Up
Artist Name         Mel Powell
CD/Album         Classic Capitol Jazz Sessions
Record co./Cat #         Mosaic 12-170
Release Year         1947
Note         Turkey Time

08:03 PM
Sweet As Bear Meat
Artist Name         Johnny Hodges
Composer         Johnny Hodges
Soloists         Johnny Hodges-Alto Sax ; Harold "Shorty" Baker-Trumpet;
     John Coltrane-Tenor Sax
CD/Album         Used To Be Duke
Record co./Cat #         Verve 422-849394-2
Release Year         1954
Note         Turkey Time

08:06 PM
Autumn Leaves
Artist Name         Erroll Garner
CD/Album         Concert By The Sea
Record co./Cat #         Columbia 40589-2
Release Year         1955
Note         Turkey Time

08:12 PM
Home Cookin'
Artist Name         Horace Silver
Composer         Horace Silver
CD/Album         The Best Of The Blue Note Years
Record co./Cat #         Blue Note Records 7 91143 2
Release Year         1957
Note         Turkey Time

08:19 PM
Chasin' The Bird
Artist Name         Charlie Parker All Stars
Composer         Charlie Parker
Soloists         Charlie Parker-Alto Sax ; Miles Davis-Trumpet ; Bud
Powell-Piano; Max Roach-Drums
CD/Album         Best Of The Complete Savoy & Dial Studio Recordings
Record co./Cat #   Savoy Jazz 17120
Release Year         1946
Note         Turkey Time

08:25 PM
Speak Low
Artist Name         Coleman Hawkins
Composer         Weill-Nash
Soloists         Coleman Hawkins-Tenor Sax ; Kenny Burrell-Guitar ; Andrew
Cyrille-Drums
CD/Album         The Hawk Relaxes
Record co./Cat #         Prestige 8106-2
Release Year         1961
Note         Birthday: CH 11.21.1904

08:32 PM
Bean Stalkin'
Artist Name         Coleman Hawkins & Roy Eldridge
CD/Album         At The Opera House
Record co./Cat #         Verve 314-521641-2
Release Year         1957
Note         Birthday: CH 11.21.1904

08:42 PM
Tangerine
Artist Name         Coleman Hawkins & Ben Webster
Composer         Mercer-Schertzinger
Soloists         Oscar Peterson-Piano
CD/Album         Enounters
Record co./Cat #         Verve 42223120 2
Release Year         1959
Note         Birthday: CH 11.21.1904

08:48 PM
Bean And The Boys
Artist Name         Bennie Wallace & His Orchestra
Composer         Coleman Hawkins
Soloists         Bennie Wallace-Tenor Sax ; Terell Stafford-Trumpet
CD/Album         Disorder At The Border - The Music Of Coleman Hawkins
Record co./Cat #         Enja/Justin Time 3327-2
Release Year         2007
Note         Birthday: CH 11.21.1904

09:01 PM
Stuffy
Artist Name         Coleman Hawkins & Roy Eldridge
Composer         Coleman Hawkins
Soloists         Coleman Hawkins-Tenor Sax ; Lester Young-Tenor Sax ; Stan
Getz-Tenor Sax ; Oscar Peterson-Piano
CD/Album         At The Opera House
Record co./Cat #         Verve 314-521641-2
Release Year         1957
Note         Birthday: CH 11.21.1904

> JAZZWEEK SUMMIT 2010: JUNE 17-19, RADISSON RIVERSIDE HOTEL, ROCHESTER N.Y.
> -- Mark your calendar!

> Sherman Irby's "Big Mama's Biscuits"
>
> Also, Brother Jack McDuff's Down Home Style, which I assume is a nod to
> cooking as the cover features a plate of ribs, greens, cornbread and black
> eyed peas. There's also the tune on the record "Butter (For Yo Popcorn)"
>

> Mark
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM, TomtheJazzman
> <tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> JAZZWEEK SUMMIT 2010: JUNE 17-19, RADISSON RIVERSIDE HOTEL, ROCHESTER
>> N.Y.
>> -- Mark your calendar!
>>

>> ******************************************************************************
>>
>> Bobby Watson recentently did:  Wilkes Bar-BBQ
>>
>> Cyrus Chestnut did:  Soul Food To Go
>>
>> ALOHA
>> TomtheJazzman
>>

> --