[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH, Boston July 17, 2009

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jul 18 07:37:16 EDT 2009

Friday, July 17, 8pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7
Jazz from Studio Four
DOWNBEAT 57TH ANNUAL CRITICS POLL
IMMY SCOTT (b. 7/17/1925)
CHICO FREEMAN (b. 7/17/1949)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Sonny Rollins; DownBeat 57th Critics Poll: More Than You Know, Road Shows Volume 1 (Doxy)
David Kikoski: Doxy (Rollins), Mostly Standards (Criss Cross)

8:27pm
Louis Hayes: The Preacher (Silver), The Time Keeper (18th & Vine)
Horace Silver: Opus De Funk, Horace Silver Trio (Blue Note)
Joey DeFrancesco: Strollin', Finger Poppin' (Doodlin' Music)

8:47pm
Cassandra Wilson; DownBeat 57th Critics Poll:
The Very Thought of You, Love For Sale (Blue Note)
Dianne Reeves; DownBeat 57th Critics Poll:
You Taught My Heart To Sing, TheBest of Dianne Reeves (Blue Note)
Dee Dee Bridgewater; DownBeat 57th Critics Poll: Midnight Sun, Dear Ella (Verve)

9:11pm
Bill Evans; RECORDED 7/17/1962:
Interplay; I'll Never Smile Again; You and The Night and The Music,
Interplay (RIVERSIDE)

9:38pm
Peter Hand Big Band; featuring Houston Person: Stormy Weather, The Wizard of Jazz (Savant)
Warren Wolf: 427 Mass Ave, Wolf Pac: Raw (Warren Wolf Music)
Baptiste Trotignon: Dexter, Share (Sunnyside)

10:01pm
Jimmy Scott: Someone To Watch Over Me, All The Way (Sire/Warner Bros)
Little Jimmy Scott: Everybody's Somebody's Fool; I Wish I Knew,
Everybody's Somebody's Fool (Decca/GRP)
Little Jimmy Scott: When Did You Leave Heaven; Imagination,
The Savoy Years ...and More (Savoy)
Jimmy Scott: I Didn't Know What Time it Was,
Falling in Love is Wonderful (Tangerine/Rhino)
Jimmy Scott: All of Me, Live in Tokyo 2003 (Venus)

10:35pm
Lee Konitz; DownBeat 57th Critics Poll:
 Another Shade of Blue, Another Shade of Blue (Blue Note)
Joe Lovano; DownBeat 57th Critics Poll:
Song for Judi, Folk Art (Blue Note)
Gary Smulyan; DownBeat 57th Critics Poll:
We'll Be Together Again, The Jazz Soul of Frankie Laine (Reservoir)

11:00pm
Christian McBride; DownBeat 57th Critics Poll:
Theme for Kareem, Kind of Brown (Mack Avenue)
Freddie Hubbard: Without A Song, Without A Song (Blue Note)

11:20pm
Chico Freeman: Lonnie's Lament, Spirit Sensitive (India Navigation)
The Leaders; featuring Chico Freeman: Peacemaker, Unforseen Blessings (Black Saint)

11:37pm
Kurt Elling; DownBeat 57th Critics Poll:
It's Easy to Remember, Dedicated To You (Concord)
Andy Bey; DownBeat 57th Critics Poll:
My Heart Stood Still, Chillin' with Andy Bey (Minor Music)
Mark Murphy; DownBeat 57th Critics Poll: Love is What Stays (Verve)

11:50pm
Hank Jones; DownBeat 57th Critics Poll:
Upon Reflection, Upon reflection/The Music of Thad Jones (Verve)