[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz July 18,2009

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 19 07:54:51 EDT 2009

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for July 18,2009

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up…

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for July 18, 2009

Hour 1

TOM BRANTLEY - "Boneyard" - Boneyard - (Summit)

STAN BOCK ENSEMBLE - "Blues For B" - Your Check's In the Mail - (Origin)

BEEGIE ADAIR - "From This Moment On" - Dream Dancing - (Hillsboro Jazz)

ROD PIAZZA AND THE MIGHTY FLYERS - "That's What's Knockin Me Out" - Soul Monster - (Delta Groove)

HADLEY CALIMAN - "Back to More" - Gratitude - (Origin)

FRED FORNEY - "Nearly Human" - Chasing Horizons - (Origin)

BILL EVANS TRIO - "Green Dolphin Street" - Green Dolphin Street - (Riverside)

JOEL FRAHM - "Bob's Blues" - We Used to Dance - (Anzik)

Hour 2

STAN GETZ - "Green Dolphin Street" - Serenity - (Emarcy)

CHARLIE PARKER - "Hot House" - Boss Bird - (Proper)

LENORE RAPHAEL - "Joy Spring" - Invitation - (Swingin Fox)

SABERTOOTH - "Odd Couple" - Dr Midnight - (Delmark)

BILLY TAYLOR AND GERRY MULLIGAN - "Body and Soul" - Live at MCG - (MCG)

KOBIE WATKINS - "Short Story" - Involved - (Origin)

Hour 3

ERNESTINE ANDERSON - "Never Make Your Move Too Soon" - I Love Being Here With You - (Concord)

JON CLEARY - "Salty Water" - Moonbeam - (Basin Street)

BILLIE HOLIDAY - "Me Myself and I" - The Jazz Singers - (Smithsonian)

LOUIS FORD - "Indian Summer" - Just TRADitional - (Louisiana Music Factory)

STEVE TYRELL - "Isn't It Romantic" - This Guy's In Love - (Sony)

QUEEN LATIFAH - "Don't Cry Baby" - Travlin Light - (Verve)

DENNIS ROWLAND - "All Blues" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

MARK MURPHY - "Stolen Moments" - the Jazz Singers - (Smithsonian)

KIMBER MANNING - "Eventually" - Eventually - (indep)

DAVE BRUBECK/JIMMY RUSHING - "Evenin" - Brubeck and Rushing - (Sony)

BOB DOROUGH - "I Don't Mind" - Devil May Care - (Bethlehem)

NEW YORK VOICES - "A Day Like This" - A Day Like This - (MCG)

Hour 4

PHIL KELLY AND THE SW SANTA ANA WINDS - "Daydream" - My Museum - (Origin)

NIGEL KENNEDY - "Maybe In Your Dreams" - Blue Note Sessions - (Blue Note)

LEROY JONES - "C Jam Shuffle" - Back to My Roots - (Louisiana Music Factory)

J.J.JOHNSON - "Yesterdays" - Savoy Sessions - (Savoy)

JEFF BARONE - "Open Up" - Open Up - (Jazzed Media)

RICHIE COLE AND THE ALTO MADNESS ORCH - "Nightfall" - Rise's Rose Garden - (Jazz Excursion)

GRACE KELLY - "Tender Madness" - Mood Changes - (indep)

KEN AND HARRY WATTERS - "Out of Nowhere" - Brothers II - (Summit)

JIMMY BRUNO - "Joy Spring" - Solo - (Mel Bay)

Hour 5

PAUL TYNAN/AARON LINGTON - "The Gauntlet" - BiCoastal Collective Vol 1 - (Origin)

UAB SUPERJAZZ BIG BAND - "How Insensative" - UAB Superjazz Big Band - (indep)

BRIDGE QUARTET - "Milestones" - Day - (Origin)

CHARLES MINGUS - "My Jelly Roll Soul" - Blues and Roots - (Atlantic)

MICHAEL DEASE - "Lament" - Dease Bones - (indep)

BILL ANSCHELL/BRENT JENSEN - "Solar" - We Couldn't Agree More - (Origin)

DEEP BLUE ORGAN TRIO - "Ceora" - Folk Music - (Origin)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Thelonious" - Genius of Modern Music - (Blue Note)

Hour 6

BRIAN BROMBERG - "Buddha Belly" - It's About Time - The Acoustic Project - (indep)

STEVE MILLION - "The Company You Keep" - Remembering the Way Home - (Origin)

GERRY MULLIGAN - "Walkin Shoes" - Concord 30th Anniversary - (Concord)

BENNY GREEN - "Russellin" - Naturally - (Telarc)

SCOTT BONI - "Robert Foster Blues" - Mumphrey's Bounce - (indep)

CLIFFORD JORDAN/JOHN GILMORE - "Status Quo" - Blowin In From Chicago - (Blue Note)

TYRONE JACKSON - "Green Dolphin Street" - Another Voyage - (Hot Shoe)

IRVIN MAYFIELD/ELLIS MARSALIS - "Round Midnight" - Love Songs Ballads and Standards - (Basin Street)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM