[JPL] Christian McBride - Kind Of Brown

Cory Weeds cory at cellarjazz.com
Sun Jul 19 14:14:39 EDT 2009

Has anyone else had the same reaction to the new Christian McBride
album that I have?  I think this album is piece of art.  I'm not sure
exactly what it is that has hit me exactly but I cannot get enough of
it.  I think in recent years McBride has gone a bit astray and I
haven't enjoyed his previous albums very much at all but this new one
has really hit home with me. The writing is superb, the playing is
phenomenal and it just has an overall vibe that is so enjoyable.

I think this record will show up on the nomination list when the
Grammy's are announced!

Cory Weeds
The Cellar - www.cellarjazz.com
Cellar Live - www.cellarlive.com
Chasin The Train Radio - www.coryweeds.com

Turner Music and the Cellar Restaurant and Jazz Club invite you to
join the
2010 Havana International Jazz Festival Tour.
On this stellar trip you'll enjoy unparalleled cultural insights and
get the
best seats at each Jazz Festival venue. The tour fills up fast!
To register and for more information check out http://jazzcuba.com/