[JPL] Announcing local events

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 19 15:03:09 EDT 2009

I need to mention one artist in the Northeast Georgia area that's been very
supportive of the jazz on WBCX and the station in general - Ken Watters.

Ken lives in the Northeast Georgia area - is a fantastic trumpeter and
bandleader - his CDs on Summit with his brother Harry and his own are top
notch and calls whenever he's in the area to say he's enjoying the show -
asks questions about what he's heard and helped the station with a
connection to a local eatery recently to do events - he and a local pianist
Larry Barker played for free during a local promotion.

I felt like I was painting with a broad brush a little bit with that last
post - Ken takes interest in the show and as a result he gets plenty of
spins from me and the station as a whole. The DJ gets a little shot in the
arm as well.
Amazing how that works huh....

Mark Dove
"Sounds of Jazz"