[JPL] Announcing local events

ron-gill at att.net ron-gill at att.net
Sun Jul 19 15:35:00 EDT 2009

On Jul 19, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Cory Weeds wrote:

> JAZZWEEK SUMMIT 2010: JUNE 17-19, RADISSON RIVERSIDE HOTEL,
> ROCHESTER N.Y. -- Mark your calendar!

> ********

     To Jae, Cory...
     I agree with Jae as well, Cory, and I think your slippery slope
comment caused a knee jerk reaction at first read.
     You get it, because wearing your Cellar Door hat you know the
importance of supporting your local radio program.
     It's not that musicians should be 'expected' to contribute to
their local station, but find ways if not monetarily to show
     support. But, as has been mentioned here in some locals there is
an indifference for that support. Programmers are
     expected to do one thing, play recordings for the listener.
Those CDs come from all sources, so we as programmers
     are not begging for product. But, lots of musicians today are
producing their own product, and they should realize
     the importance of contacting that local jazz station in any way
they can to support the station. Mentioned here, coming
     into the station during pledge with their CD,  giving it away on
air and telling that audience, on the air, they are making a
     pledge of what they can afford is a great idea. That is being
engaged and shows support for the station.
     Having musicians come on to play is a great idea as well, but
because you do, what do they give back in return?
     Hey, a group pledge won't hurt either broken down by each
member. All kinds of ways to support.
     Ron Gill