[JPL] Ty Bailey's 07.19.09 "JUST JAZZ" Play List @ WVST-FM Virginia State University Radio + "NEW" Snapshot Jazz Recording Reviews

Ty Bailey tybaprod at comcast.net
Mon Jul 20 00:37:45 EDT 2009

Ty Bailey

Producer/Announcer

"JUST JAZZ"

"NEW" Snapshot Jazz Recording Reviews Available @
<http://www.tybailey.com/> www.tybailey.com

"Just Jazz" is a weekly JAZZ program aired on Public Radio WVST (91.3 FM) on

Sunday night from 8 -10 PM. It showcases the best in JAZZ. Current releases,

reissues and selections from past great recordings are the weekly focus.

Recording information that is both enlightening and educational is provided
for

the listener. "Just Jazz" is streamed 24 hours daily at www.tybailey.com
with a

new show available weekly.

Most Recent Show and Play List is for 07.19.09

ARTIST_____TUNE_______ALBUM

First Segment

Marion Meadows_The Shade Tree_ Secrets

Jay Hoggard_ The Right Place_ The Right Place

Jeremy Davenport_ Mr. New Orleans_ We'll Dance 'Till Dawn

Second Segment

Steve Kuhn Trio_ Spiritual_ Mostly Coltrane

Barry Cooper & Kris Johnson_ Naima_ Common Journey

Abraham/Clements/Tellander_ One Day _ Between Stops

Third Segment

Nicole Mitchell _By My Own Grace _ Renegades

Donald Malloy _ Oba _Spirituality

Curt Ramm, Dan Moretti & Bill Cunliffe_ Vine Street_ Foundations

Fourth Segment

Kat Walker_ My Favorite Things_ Jazz Skat Gumbo

Derick Gardner and The Jazz Prophets + 2_ AFROS AND CUBANS _ECHOES OF
ETHNICITY

Alexander Zonjic_ Undun _Doin' D

Fifth Segment

Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band_ Manteca _ I'm BeBoppin' Too

Kyle Asche_ Swedish Schnapps _Organ Trio

Marshall Gilkes_ Gummi de Milo_ Edenderry

Sixth Segment

Melissa Morgan_ Save Your Love For Me _Until I Met You

Terrence Brewer_ Kismet _ QuintEssential

"NEW" Snapshot Jazz Recording Reviews

FOR JULY 2009

@

www.tybailey.com

*	Michael Wolff - Joe's Strut - Wrong Records RONGO16-2
*	Kurt Elling - Dedicated To You - Dedicated to You: Kurt Elling Sings
the Music of Coltrane and Hartman - Concord Jazz -CJA31314-02
*	Omar Sosa - Across the Divide: A Tale of Rhythm & Ancestry - Half
Note 4538
*	Marion Meadows - Secrets - Heads Up HUCD 3150
*	Kermit Ruffins - Livin' a Treme' Life - Basin Street Records BSR
0107-2
*	Spyro Gyra - Down The Wire - Heads Up HUCD 3154
*	Lori Mechem Quartet - Plays More- Count Basie- April In Paris -
Cognito Records
*	Melissa Morgan - Until I Met You- Telarc Jazz - CD83684
*	Larry Slezak - No Worries - Tierra
*	Gary Burton- Quartet Live - Concord Jazz CJA31303-02
*	Jake Langley - Here and Now - Tone PoetProd TPCD2012
*	Rick Germanson Trio -Off The Cuff - OWL Records 00127
*	Joey DeFrancesco - Finger Popin'- Doodlin
*	Charles Tolliver Big Band - Emperor March - Half Note4539
*	John Scofield - Piety Street - EmArccy - B0012656-02
*	Red Holloway - Go Red Go! - Delmark DE585
*	Derrick Gardner & The Jazz Prophets + 2 - Echoes Of Ethniticity -
OWL Records OWL 00129
*	Terrence Brewer - Groovin Wes - Strong Brew SBM 04-0109
*	Jack DeJohnette - Music We Are - Golden Beam KRM-CD 1150
*	Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band - I'm BeBoppin' Too- Half Note
Records 4540
*	Paul Meyers- World On A String -Miles High MHR 8608
*	Chip White - More Dedications Volume II - Dark Colors 103
*	Kyle Asche - Organ Trio - "Blues For Mel"- Tippin' Records Tip 1106