[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 7/19

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Jul 20 11:55:16 EDT 2009

Here's this past weekend's version of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid

Tom Knific        Eidas Retsis          Lines of Influence
Azica

Dave Brubeck    Strange Meadow Lark        Time Out
Columbia/Legacy

Dave Brubeck    St. Louis Blues                        "
"

Jimmy Rushing-Al Cohn-Zoot Sima   Everyday I Have the Blues

                                                                         The
Scene                 High Note

Lew Del Gatto     Saratoga Hunch    To Al and Zoot, With Love     220 Music

David Newman     Manha de Carnival             The Blessing            High
Note

Red Holloway             Wave                          Go, Red, Go
Delmark

1:00AM

Dave Brubeck       Pick Up Sticks                    Time Out
Columbia/Legacy

Dave Brubeck      Gone With the Wind         On the Radio
Acrobat

Paul Desmond   Things Ain't What They Used to Be

                                                           Like Someone in
Love            Telarc

Paul Desmond-Gerry Mulligan      Stardust      Two of a Mind         RCA/BMG

Chip White     Booker/Booker's Little Leaps     More Dedications   Dark
Colors

Eric Dolphy-Booker Little      Booker's Waltz

2:00AM

Judy Niemack  The Days of Wine and Roses   In the Sundance        Blujazz

Joan Belgrave     When a Woman Loves a Man    Excitable              Detroit
Jazz CoOp

JaLaLa        My Shining Hour    That Old Mercer Magic
Dare

Houston Person       Skylark           The Art and Soul
High Note

Elli Fordyce     My Shining Hour   Songs Spun of Gold
Fordyce

N. Glenn Davis     Just a Tadd         Come Right In
Jazzed Media

N. Glenn Davis    If You Could See Me Now   "
"

Carl Allen-Rodney Whitaker    Relativity   Work to Do
Mack Avenue

3:00AM

Dave Brubeck      Take Five (live)           Time Out
Columbia/Legacy

Dave Brubeck     How High the Moon   Jazz at Oberlin
Fantasy

Dave Brubeck            Regret                 Classical Brubeck
Telarc

Bill Banfield            Equinox                  Spring Forward
Innova

Sangeeta Michael Berardi         My Favorite Things    Earthship
Sunjump

John Coltrane-Kenny Burrell    Why Was I Born?    KB & JC
Prestige/New Jazz

4:00AM

Sonny Rollins-John Coltrane     Tenor Madness

                                                         The Very Best of
Prestige              Prestige

Denny Zeitlin        Mr. P. C.                           In Concert
Sunnyside

Chad McCullough        The Oracle     Dark Wood, Dark Water
Origin

Mark Taylor     The Ruse of the Muse               Spectre
Origin

Todd Bishop    New York USA     Music of Serge Gainsbourg             Origin

Jack Wilson            Blossom                          Until it's Time
MaxJazz

5:00AM

Dave Brubeck     Blue Rondo a la Turk         Take Five
Columbia/Legacy

Dave Brubeck               Cassandra        London Flat, London Sharp
Telarc

Don Ellis              5/4 Getaway                     Tears of Joy
Wounded Bird

Diana Krall               Quiet Nights                    (same)
Verve

Antonio Carlos Jobim      Chega de Saudade

                                              The Composer of Desafinado
Plays           Verve

Diane Hubka     One Note Samba                     I Like it Here
SSJ

Jane Bunnett     The Only One                       Embracing Voices
Sunnyside

Freddie Hubbard    The Things We Did Last Summer

Without a Song              Blue Note

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV