[JPL] KZYX Playlists: The Jazz Odyssey, Monday, July 13, & Jazz from the Wharf, Thursday, July 16

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Mon Jul 20 20:23:35 EDT 2009

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY Monday, July 13, KZYX - Mendocino County Public Radio
www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

Artist    Song    Album    Label
Lou Ann Barton--It's Raining--Read My Lips--Discovery

Herbie Hancock--Hornets    In Concert--CTI
Herbie Hancock/VSOP--Para Oriente--Live Under the Sky--Columbia

Red Rodney--Shaw 'Nuff--The History of Chess Jazz--Chess
Benny Golson--The Touch--The History of Chess Jazz--Chess
The Jazztet--Killer Joe--The History of Chess Jazz--Chess
Lorez Alexander--Baltimore Oriole--The History of Chess Jazz--Chess
James Moody/Eddie Jefferson--Parker's Mood--The History of Chess Jazz--Chess

Ofer Assof--Tangible Reality--Tangible Reality--Summit
Steve Myerson--Cape Town--In Your Absence--Jazz Excursion
Fred Taylor Trio--Dexter's Thing--Circling--CCR

Otis Taylor--Walk on Water--Pentatonic Wars & Love Songs--TelArc
Jason Moran--The Sun at Midnight--Black Stars--Blue Note
Otis Taylor--Lost My Guitar--Pentatonic Wars & Love Songs--TelArc

Eric Dolphy--Feathers--Out There--Prestige/OJC
Michael Zilber--Remember This--Crossroads--MZ
Eric Dolphy--Serene--Out There--Prestige/OJC

Louis & Ella--Bess, You Is My Woman Now--Porgy and Bess--Verve

JAZZ FROM THE WHARF Thursday, July 16, KZYX - Mendocino County Public Radio
www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

Artist    Song    Album    Label
Fats Waller--Honeysuckle Rose--Fats Waller Plays and Sings--RCA Victor
Meade Lux Lewis--Six Wheel Chaser--Boogie Woogie Trio Vol. 3--Storyville
Benny Goodman--Seven Come Eleven--40th Anniversary Concert--London

Grant Geissman--Too Cool for School--Cool, Man, Cool--Futurism
Listen/Mel Martin--King Kong Honkey Blues--Growing--Inner City
The Microscopic Sextet--Lobster Leaps In--Lobster Leaps In--Cunieform

Oscar Peterson--Diablo--Put on a Happy Face--Verve
The Great Jazz Trio--Moose the Mooch--At the Village Vanguard--Inner City
George Kahn--Sunshine of Your Love--Cover Up--Playing Records

Rosemary Clooney--The Foolish Things--Ballad Essentials--Concord
Clooney/Crosby--Love Won't Let You Get Away--Fancy Meeting You Here--RCA
Rosemary Clooney--Happiness is a Thing Called Joe--Sentimental
Journey--Concord

Will Benard--Blue Plate Special    Blue Plate Special--Palmetto
Bonga--Mona Ki Ngi Xica--Adventures in Afreopea--Luaka Bop
The Bay Project--Do That Then--The Bay Project--The Bay Project

Mike LeDonne--Bones--On Fire--Savant
Mike Clinco--The Rest Will Follow--Neon--Whaling City
Helen Humes--Imagination--Songs I Like to Sing--Contemporary