[JPL] Pod Casting

Hudson, B.H. bhhudson at NCCU.EDU
Wed Jul 22 08:10:05 EDT 2009

my understanding is that ANYTHING that is played, on air or internet must be reported to Public Interactive, who in turn gives the data to Sound Exchange.

That includes any music that is over 30 seconds in length. beds, transitions, etc. must be reported as well. If I am wrong about that, someone please let me know.

Mediaguide logs do not have the correct info either, so you have to generate the specific info Sound Exchange wants.

everything, but everything must be reported.

Like Shaunna said, it's a good idea to do the webinar .
BH Hudson

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com [mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of TomtheJazzman
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:22 PM
To: Jazz Programmers List
Subject: [JPL] Pod Casting

This week's sponsor: Lisa Hilton, "Twilight & Blues"

Basic question is:  Is it legal to Pod Cast music programs that runs on
radio....commercial and non-commercial and also for Internet Radio?  I
am talking about playing complete selections and programs and not
excerpts with talk and reviews.

Thanks for your expertise or heading me in the right direction.
ALOHA
Tom

Lisa Hilton: "Twilight & Blues"  August release

Lisa Hilton/piano, Larry Grenadier/bass, Lewis Nash/drums/Jeremy Pelt/trumpet, J. D. Allen/sax

"Forget all of the piano sensations that are out there - the best newer voice out there lives in Malibu: Lisa Hilton.....The whole disc has an  ambience that draws you in while swinging with emotion....The band shows its chops....Thoughtful and well crafted from start to finish, this is a must have for jazz fans".  George Harris/All About Jazz

"A stellar lineup...Ms. Hilton demonstrates her maturity as a pianist enough that any listener will appreciate her gift".  Eric Cohen/WAER Radio, NY

"Hilton uses blue notes to create an intimate world of beauty that is true to the artist she is. Hilton's orignality of vision is her strength, and her light touch is as lovely as she is and as addictive as the waves breaking near her Malibu home."  Brad Walseth/Jazz Chicago.net

"Exciting for the listener... hot stuff".  Chris Spector/Midwest Record

Distributed by Super D.  www.LisaHiltonMusic.com  Promotion by JazzzDog