[JPL] Otmaro Ruiz

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 09:42:05 EDT 2009

Anyone playing this "Sojourn" release? I think it's fantastic. Not sure who is working it but if you haven't checked it out it's certainly worth a listen. My opinion of course. Personally I'm always looking for something to parallel the all too familiar and predictable we receive. This is one of those recordings. Exceptional writing and playing. Fresh. I don't mind the familiar but please do something interesting with it. Kurt Elling certainly did. One of the best releases of the year hands down.

Jae Sinnett