[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Jul 22 12:11:46 EDT 2009

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice
of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on
the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA
service via shortwave transmission. The show is two hours long and
reaches a potential audience of 134 million listeners worldwide each
weekend.

Jazz America airs twice each weekend online in the Eastern time zone
on Saturday from 1-3 AM (That's 11 PM-1 AM Pacific time, Friday into
Saturday AM) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM
Pacific). Go to the following url (http://www.voanews.com/english/
Entertainment/musicmixold.cfm) and click on “LISTEN LIVE NOW” to hear
the show!

Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on
schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your
timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

For any comments or communication you can reach me by email at jazz-
america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis
Jazz America…Voice of America
105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003

phone...212 614-0424            email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1047...25-26 July 2009
ELLIS MARSALIS/EDDIE HARRIS…blues at the end of the session (homecoming)

JEREMY DAVENPORT…that old black magic (we’ll dance ‘til dawn)

*Joshua Redman Interview
JOSHUA REDMAN…march (compass)
JON FADDIS…squeezin’ (hornucopia)

CHARLIE CHRISTIAN…jammin’ in four (1941)

KENDRA SHANK…all of you (mosaic)

*Joshua Redman Interview
JOSHUA REDMAN…faraway (compass)
DAVID SANBORN…hey (upfront)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1048...25-26 July 2009
SADAO WATANABE…confirmation (I’m old fashioned)

NICOLA CONTE/PHILIP WEISS…the Nubian queens (rituals)

*Joshua Redman Interview
JOSHUA REDMAN…home fries (freedom in the groove)
CHARLIE HUNTER…epistrophy (Charlie hunter)

JIMMY SMITH…j.o.s. (the sermon)

KENNY RANKIN…haven’t we met (because of you)

*Joshua Redman Interview
JOSHUA REDMAN…jazz crimes (elastic)
CHICK COREA…samba yantra (now he sings now he sobs)

Cut Three…Next Show Promo…:40

SHOWS #1049-1050...1-2 August 2009
Special Feature: Interview with Dave Holland
at the 30th Montreal Jazz Festival and
featuring his comments followed by his music