[JPL] Pod Casting

Shaunna Morrison Machosky morrison at wduq.org
Wed Jul 22 12:23:37 EDT 2009

Streaming: a stream is not downloadable to an end-user's computer.
When audio is streamed, there is no file left on an end-user's
computer. A stream is accessed through a media player directly from a
server. No portability or ownership.

Podcasting: a file is downloaded by the end user. A copy of it is on
their hard disk. A podcast file can be redistributed, copied or
edited.

-sm