[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz a la Mode, July 22, 2009

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Wed Jul 22 21:13:50 EDT 2009

WFCR Playlist/Jazz a la Mode, Wednesday, July 22, 2009
(following the Prez Conference)
Remembering Billie Holiday, May 7, 1915-July 17, 1959

8:59 PM Billie Holiday Lady Day What a Little Moonlight Can Do Columbia 1935
9:02 PM Billie Holiday Lady Day Miss Brown to You Columbia 1935

9:05 PM John Bunch Plays Irving Berlin Soft Lights and Sweet Music Arbors 2009
9:12 PM David Fathead Newman The Blessing Manha de Carnival High Note 2009
9:17 PM Grant Stewart Plays Duke Ellington & Billy Strayhorn Angelica Sharp Nine 2009

9:28 PM Billie Holiday Lady Day Nice Work if You Can Get It Columbia 1937
9:31 PM Billie Holiday Lady Day Can't Help Lovin' That Man Columbia 1937
9:34 PM Billie Holiday Lady Day I Can't Believe That You're in Love With Me Columbia 1938
9:37 PM Billie Holiday Lady Day If Dreams Come True Columbia 1938

9:43 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings What a Little Moonlight Can Do Verve 1954
9:46 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Blue Moon Verve 1952
9:49 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Moonglow Verve 1952
9:52 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings If the Moon Turns Green Verve 1952
9:55 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Moonlight in Vermont Verve 1954

10:02 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Too Marvelous for Words Verve 1954
10:05 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings I Thought About You Verve 1954
10:08 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Willow Weep for Me Verve 1954
10:11 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Stormy Blues Verve 1954

10:17 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me Verve 1956
10:22 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Prelude to a Kiss Verve 1955
10:27 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Our Love Is Here to Stay Verve 1956
10:31 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings One for My Baby Verve 1956

10:39 PM Billie Holiday Complete Commodore Recordings Strange Fruit Commodore 1939
10:42 PM Billie Holiday Complete Decca Recordings Lover Man Decca 1944
10:45 PM Billie Holiday Complete Decca Recordings Don't Explain Decca 1944

10:48 PM Billie Holiday Complete Decca Recordings Good Morning Heartache Decca 1946
10:52 PM Billie Holiday Lady Day God Bless the Child Columbia 1941
10:55 PM Billie Holiday Lady Day Georgia on My Mind Columbia 1941

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR