[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz a la Mode, Horace Boyer, R.I.P.

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Jul 23 16:03:25 EDT 2009

WFCR Playlist/Jazz a la Mode, Thursday, July 22, 2009

Remembering Horace Clarence Boyer, b. Winter Park, FL, 7/28/35; d. Amherst, MA 7/21/09, age 73
http://tinyurl.com/mzeqh4 read the Springfield Republican obituary of Horace Clarence Boyer

8:00 PM Horace Clarence Boyer It's My Desire We Are Climbing Jacob's Ladder CLEMB 2001

8:09 PM The Boyer Brothers The Excello Story/Volume 1 Step By Step Hip-O 1952
8:12 PM Nina Simone Songs of Freedom and Spirit I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free Columbia 1963
8:15 PM Jay Hoggard Something 'Bout Believing Come Sunday Twin 1999
8:20 PM Oscar Peterson/Milt Jackson Very Tall John Brown's Body Verve 1961

8:31 PM Horace Clarence Boyer It's My Desire A Prayer CLEMB 2001
8:38 PM Horace Clarence Boyer It's My Desire It's My Desire CLEMB 2001
8:42 PM Horace Clarence Boyer It's My Desire He's Waiting for You CLEMB 2001

8:48 PM Louis Armstrong Complete Decca Sessions Going to Shout All Over God's Heaven Mosaic 1938
8:51 PM Sister Rosetta Tharpe 1942-1944 Singing in My Soul Document 1944
8:54 PM Grant Green Feelin' the Spirit Just a Closer Walk With Thee Blue Note 1962

9:06 PM Duke Ellington Black Brown & Beige Come Sunday Columbia 1958
9:13 PM Mahalia Jackson Gospels Spirituals & Hymns Take My Hand Precious Lord Columbia 1956
9:17 PM Mahalia Jackson Gospels Spirituals & Hymns A City Called Heaven Columbia 1965
9:21 PM Duke Ellington New Orleans Suite Portrait of Mahalia Jackson Atlantic 1970

9:28 PM Kermit Ruffins Livin' a Treme Life Didn't He Ramble Basin Street 2009
9:34 PM George Lewis The Atlantic New Orleans Jazz Sessions Down By the Riverside Mosaic 1962
9:37 PM Paul Barbarin The Atlantic New Orleans Jazz Sessions Just a Little While to Stay Here Mosaic 1955
9:41 PM Dr. Michael White Blue Crescent King of the Second Line Basin Street 2008

9:49 PM Avery Sharpe Autumn Moonlight Boston Baked Blues JKNM 2009
9:54 PM Kate McGarry The Target The Meaning of the Blues Palmetto 2007
9:59 PM The Tillis-Holmes Duo Portraits from Porgy & Bess It Ain't Necessarily So P&P 1999 w Horace Boyer

10:07 PM Archie Shepp The Cry of the People Come Sunday Impulse 1973
10:16 PM Archie Shepp Goin' Home Swing Low Sweet Chariot Steeplechase 1977
10:19 PM Charlie Haden/Hank Jones Steal Away Wade in the Water Verve 1995
10:23 PM Allen Toussaint The Bright Mississippi Just a Closer Walk With Thee Nonesuch 2009

10:31 PM Hank Mobley Roll Call A Baptist Beat Blue Note 1960
10:39 PM Benny Green Testifyin'! Testifyin' Blue Note 1992
10:45 PM Sean Jones The Search Within Sunday Reflections Mack Avenue 2009
10:51 PM Charles Mingus Ah Um Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting Columbia 1959

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR