[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH, Boston July 24, 2009

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jul 25 07:41:55 EDT 2009

JAZZ FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, July 24, 8pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7

ONLY ON 89.7FM
(Music Recorded by WGBH, 89.7, FM; Produced by Steve Schwartz))
STEVE LACY (b. 7/23/1934)
CHARLES McPHERSON (b. 7/24/1939)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Don Pullen: Variation on "Ode To Life", Boston Globe Jazz Festival 6/18/1992
(ONLY ON 89.7FM)

8:22pm
Steve Turre: Brother Ray, Rainbow People (HighNote)
Alvin Queen: I Got A Woman, Mighty Long Way (Justin Time)
Jim Rotondi: One Mint Julep, Blues for Brother Ray (Positone)

8:50pm
Rebecca Parris: Weaver of Dreams; Alone Together,
Live @ Marblehead Summer Jazz 7/7/2007 (ONLY ON 89.7FM)

9:09pm
Charles McPherson: Primal Urge, Manhattan Nocturne (Arabesque)
Charles McPherson: Nostalgia, Bebop Revisited! (Prestige)
Charles McPherson: I Should Care, But Beautiful (Venus Records)

9:35pm
Steve Kuhn: Confirmation; Trane/Oceans in The Sky,
Live @ WGBH 2008 (ONLY ON 89.7FM)

9:52pm
Kenny Burrell: Isabella, Prime (Half Note)
Joe Locke; David Hazeltine: One for Reedy Ree,
Mutual Admiration Society 2 (Sharp Nine)
Helio Alves: The Dolphin, It's Clear (Reservoir)

10:16pm
Luciana Souza; Romero Lubambo: Wave,
Live@ Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum 7/18/2003 (ONLY ON 89.7FM)
Diana Krall: All or Nothing At All,
Live @ Newprt Jazz Festival 2001 (ONLY ON 89.7FM)
Carol Sloane: Sittin' and A Rockin'; All Too Soon,
Live @ Scullers Jazz Club, 2002 (ONLY ON 89.7FM)

10:46pm
Steve Lacy; Danilo Perez: Monk's Dream,
Live @ The RegattaBar 5/3/2003 (ONLY ON 89.7FM)
Steve Lacy: Prelude To A Kiss, 10 of Dukes + 6 Originals (Senator Records)
Steve Lacy; Gil Evans: Goodbye Pork Pie Hat, Paris Blues (Owl/Sunnyside)

11:10pm
Steve Lacy; Roswell Rudd: 2300 Skiddoo, Regeneration (Soul Note)
Steve Lacy: The Bath, Live at Sweet Basil (RCA/Novus)

11:34pm
Frank Kimbrough: Wildflower (H. Nichols),
Live @ WGBH Fraser Performance Studio, 1/22/2008 (ONLY ON 89.7FM)

Ran Blake: MEDLEY: THe Pawnbroker; Lost Highway; Nat Cole Medley; Throw It Away; Strange Fruit,
Live @ WGBH Fraser Performance Studio 3/18/2009 (ONLY ON 89.7FM)

Fred Hersch: Moon and Sand,
Live @ WGBH Fraser Performance Studio 3/2/2009 (ONLY ON 89.7FM)

11:55pm
Mike Melvoin: The Melody Is You,
Live @ WGBH Fraser Performance Studio 2/11/2009 (ONLY ON 89.7FM)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive
WGBH Radio productions and are not commercially available.