[JPL] A Strange question about Sun Ra

ron-gill at att.net ron-gill at att.net
Sat Jul 25 15:27:00 EDT 2009

On Jul 24, 2009, at 11:26 PM, Bobby Jackson wrote:

> This week's sponsor: Lisa Hilton, "Twilight & Blues"

    Bobby, like the rest on JPL, I am sorry to hear this news. Not
only because of you personally, because this must
    make things difficult for you, but for this music we love so
much. As Schwartz mentioned, WGBH is still bleeding.
    When will it end is the question, and how many more will fall
before it's over? And, what then when the list has grown
    short of programmers? No more jazz week? No more voices that keep
the music alive and thriving? We don't want to
    say is jazz still alive. Well, if not now, when?
    Maybe the panel discussions should address this next year. Isn't
it a reality? Do all the radio guys put there head in the
    sand and pretend it isn't happening, or it won't happen?
    Since leaving radio, I have taken another look at what is
happening with a different perspective. Staying positive
    is important of course, but looking for new ways to improve the
situation is now a step I am looking forward to making.
    I have to agree with Bride's perspective about how important
local programming is with radio. Nothing against what
    Parlocha is doing. He at least is presenting the music
professionally and current, but what has to be done to make
    sure it does not go away in cities like Cleveland, Boston, etc.
Something to ponder?
    Comments? Please.
    Ron Gill