[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz July 25,2009

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 26 07:47:43 EDT 2009

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for May 9,2009

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up…

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 9PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for July 25, 2009

Hour 1

SEAN NOWELL - "New York Vibe" - The Seeker - (Positone)

ART LILLARD ON TIME BAND - "Eleanor's Place" - It's Time - (Summit)

JIM KETCH - "Short Story" - Next Set - (Summit)

BEN TUCKER - "Devillette" - Sweet Thunder - (indep)

WES MONTGOMERY - "Impressions" - Smokin At the Half Note - (Verve)

BENNY GREEN - "Green's Blues" - Green's Blues - (Telarc)

CHAD MCCULLOUGH - "Anatomy of Concience" - Dark Wood Dark Water - (Origin)

BOBBY BROOM - "Evidence" - Plays For Monk - (Origin)

RAY BROWN TRIO W/JOHN PIZZARELLI - "Tangerine" - Some Of My Best Friends Are Guitarists - (Telarc)

Hour 2

SCOTT HAMILTON - "Kicks" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

KEVIN HAYS TRIO - "You've Got a Friend" - You've Got a Friend - (Jazz Eyes)

ANDRE PREVIN / DAVID FINCK - "Love Walked In" - We Got Rhythm - Gershwin Songbook - (Deutsche Grammophon)

KYLE ASCHE ORGAN TRIO - "Killer Ray" - Blues For Mel - (Tippin)

JEFF ANDREW SIMPSON - "I've Told Every Little Star" - In a Midnight Mood - (indep)

GREG REITAN - "All of You" - Some Other Time - (Sunnyside)

ANTHONY BRANKER AND ASCENT - "Praise" - Blessings - (Origin)

Hour 3

BASIA AND MATT BIANCO - "Slip and Sliding" - Matt's Mood - (unknown)

LAMBERT HENDRICKS AND ROSS - "Twisted" - The Hottest New Group in Jazz - (Sony)

LOUIS FORD - "Indian Summer" - Just TRADitional - (indep)

KIMBER MANNING - "Eventually" - Eventually - (indep)

JOHN BOUTTE - "That's My Desire" - Jambalaya - (indep)

FELICIA CARTER - "Dance of the Blessed Spirits" - Feather/Step Lightly - (indep)

KARRIN ALLYSON - "Follow the Footprints" - Footprints - (Concord)

MARK MURPHY - "Stolen Moments" - The Jazz Singers - (Smithsonian)

AL JARREAU - "Midnight Sun" - Accentuate the Positive - (Verve)

CARMEN MCRAE - "Fine and Mellow" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM