[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 7/26/09

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 12:57:22 EDT 2009

WWSP   JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of 7/26/09
WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.

4 or more spins

5 J.D. Allen Trio – Shine ! – Sunnyside
4 Jackie Allen – Starry Night – Avant Bass
4 Johnnie Bassett – The Gentleman is Back – Sly Dog
4 Sangeeta Michael Berardi – Earthship – Sunjump Records
5 Jerry Bergonzi – Simply Put – Savant
5 Josh Berman – Old Idea – Delmark
5 Bobby Broom – Plays For Monk – Origin
5 Jane Bunnett – Embracing Voices – Sunnyside
4 Kevin Deitz – Skylines – Origin
5 East West Quintet – Vast – Native Language Music
7 Kurt Elling – Dedicated To You – Concord
4  John Esposito – A Book Of Five Rings – Sunjump Records
5  Rick Germanson Trio – Off The Cuff – Owl
5 Dave Glenn – National Pastime – Origin
6  Joel Harrison – Urban Myths – HighNote
7 Eddie Harris/Ellis Marsalis – Homecoming – ELM Records
5 Louis Hayes – The Time Keeper – 18th & Vine
7  JaLaLa – That Old Mercer Magic – Dare Records
8 Joe Locke David Hazeltine Quartet – Mutual Admiration Society 2 – Sharp Nine
5 Greta Matassa – I Wanna be Loved – Resonance
7 Christian McBride & Inside Straight – Kind Of Brown – Mack Ave.
4 Sophie Milman – Take Love Easy – Linus
7 David ‘Fathead’ Newman – The Blessing – HighNote
5 Judy Niemack – In The Sundance – blujazz
5 Greg Reitan – Some Other Time – Sunnyside
5 Bobby Selvaggio – Modern Times – Arabesque
5 Harry Skoler – Two Ones – Soliloquy Records
7 Luciana Souza – Tide – Verve
5 Cory Weeds Quintet – Everything Coming Up Weeds – Cellar Live
5 Vanessa Williams – The Real Thing – Concord

2 – 3 spins

3 Bill Banfield Band – Spring Forward – Innova
3 Etienne Charles – Folklore – Self Produced
3 David Crowell Ensemble – Spectrum - Innova
3 N. Glenn Davis Quintet – Come Right In – Jazzed Media
2 Sarah DeLeo – I’m In Heaven Tonight – Sweet Sassy Music
2  Kyle Eastwood – Metropolitain – Rendevous
2 Elli Fordyce – Songs Spun Of Gold – Self Produced
2 Faith Gibson – Big Moon – Capricopia Records
3 Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band – I’m BeBoppin’ Too – HalfNote
3 Marcus Goldhaber – Take Me Anywhere – Fallen Apple
2 Paul Gormley Quartet – Our Delight – Talking Dog Records
3 Peter Hand Big Band – The Wizard Of Jazz – Savant
3 Kevin Hays Trio – You’ve Got A Friend – Jazzeyes
2 Jake Hertzog – Chromatosphere – That’s Out Records
3 Diane Hubka – I Like It Here – SSJ Records
2 Jesse Jones Jr. – The So Then Collection – LP & J Music
3 Arthur Kell Quartet – Victoria – Bjur Records
3 Jim Ketch – Next Set – Summit
3 Art Lillard’s On Time Band – It’s Time – Summit
3 Chad Mccullough – Dark Wood, Dark  Water – Origin
3 Rod McGaha – A Gentle Man – Self Produced
3 Paul Meyers – World On A String – Miles High Records
3 Nicole Mitchell’s Black Earth Strings – Renegades – Delmark
3 Hailey Niswanger – Confeddie – Self Produced
3 Sean Nowell – The Seeker – Positone
2 Bill Ortiz – From Where I Stand – Tangent Records
3 Oster/Welker Jazz Alliance – Shining Hour – Jazzed Media
3 Frank Potenza Trio – Old, New, Borrowed & Blue – Capri
2 Scottish National Jazz Orchestra – Rhapsody In Blue/Live – Spartacus Records
3 Second Sight – Flying With The Comet – Sunjump Records
3 Edward Simon Trio – Poesia – CAM Jazz
3 Grant Stewart – Plays The Music Of…  - Sharp Nine Records
3 Baptiste Trotigon – Share – Sunnyside
3 Akiko Tsuruga – Oriental Express – 18th & Vine
2 Kat Walker – Jazz Skat Gumbo – Self Produced
2 Western Michigan Univ. – Rhythm Spirit – Sea Breeze
3 Jack Wilkins – Until It’s Time - MaxJazz
3 Trey Wright Trio – Thinking Out Loud – Blue Canoe

 JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 7/26/09

Marcos Ariel – Alone With Jobim – Tenure Records
David Berkman Quartet – Live At Smoke – Challenge Records
Ralph Bowen – Dedicted – Positone
Bill Carter… - Psalms Without Words – Presbybop Music
Gerald Clayton – Two-Shade – Artistshare
Jeremy Davenport – We’ll dance ‘Til Dawn – Basin Street
Steve Geraci – Aliqae Song – Sunjump
Frank Glover – Politico – Owl
Tamir Hendelman – Playground – Swing Brothers
Mitch Kessler – Erratica – Sunjump
Steve Kuhn Trio – Mostly Coltrane – ECM
Luminessence – Selftitled – BCM Records
Jim Rotondi – Blues For Brother Ray – Positone
Otmaro Ruiz – Sojorn – Moondo Records
Louis Sclavis – Lost On The Way – ECM
Andy Sheppard – Movements In Colour – ECM
Patricia Talem – Selftitled – NuGroove Records
Fred Taylor Trio – Live At Cecil’s Vol. 1 – Fred Taylor Music
Miroslav Vitous Group – Remembering Weather Report – ECM
Matt Wilson Quartet – That’s Gonna Leave A Mark - Palmetto

W = WORLD          ***  =  Add this week

W 4 Bajofundo – Mardulce – Decca
W 6 Ce’u – Vagarosa – Six Degrees
*** Depedro – Depedro – Nat Geo Music
*** Kimi Djabete – Karam – Cumbancha
W 5 Tigran Hamasyan – Red Hail – Plus Loin
W 5 The Latin Project – Musica De La Noche – TLP Musica Records
W 3 Maitei’ America: Harps Of Paraguay – Smithsonian Folkways
W 5 Andy Narell & Relator – University Of Calypso – Heads Up
*** Michael Olatuja – Speak – Backdrop/ObliqSound
W 6 Omara Portuondo – Gracias – World Village
W 6 Oumou Sangare – Seya – World Circuit
W 3 Son de Madera – Son de Mi Tierra – Smithsonian Folkways
W 4 Tanaora – di’a real – Moondo Records
*** Huun Huur Tu & Carmen Rizzo – Eternal – Groove House Records
*** Various -  Music Meeting Festival Highlights – Radio Nederland
W 3 Vayo – Tango – Pantaleon Records

PLUS  =  Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP

*** John Balke/Amina Alaoui – Siwan - ECM
3 Fernando Benadon – Intuitivo - Innova
4 Marcie Brown – Butterfly Girl – Self Produced
4 Eclectica – Streaming Video Soul – Artist Share
3 Elizabeth & The Catapult – Taller Children – Verve Forecast
3 Sertab Erener & Demir Demirkan – Painted On Water - Motema
3 Michael Farley – Grain - Innova
5  Levon Helm – Electric Dirt – Dirt Farmer Music/Vanguard
5 Sarah Jarosz – Song Up In Her Head – Sugar Hill
***  Eleni Karaindrou – Dust Of Time - ECM
3 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
2 Maurice – Ace Of Wands – Ears & Eyes Records
2 Joe Morris – Wildlife – AUM Fidelity
*** Evan Parker Electro-Acoustic Ensemble – The Moment’s Energy - ECM
4 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club – Cryptogramophone
2 Patrick Rydman- I Will Do It – Footprint Records
5 Otis Taylor – Pentatonic Wars & Love Songs – Telarc Blues

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 8/2/09.  I will have space for 15 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive.
Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.
 Russ

Russell Haines
Jazz/World Music Director