[JPL] Geroge Russell R.I.P.

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 28 00:18:53 EDT 2009

Wow Larry. Sorry to hear this news. Russell was HUGE in the jazz education/musician communities. His Lydian concepts reshaped the music. He started as a drummer and no telling where his drumming would have gone had it not been for his illness. His LONG stint in the hospital ironically gave him the time to set the foundation for his very innovative harmonic variations. He was a giant that few outside of jazz education/musician circles really knew much about.

Jae Sinnett