[JPL] PLAYLIST - Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX 07-28-09

Jason M Miller jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Tue Jul 28 16:07:59 EDT 2009

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:30pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Airdate: 07-28-09

Theme

John Coltrane Quartet - Out Of This World - Coltrane (Impulse)
John Coltrane - Like Someone In Love - Lush Life (Prestige)

  BREAK

Allen Toussaint - West End Blues - The Bright Mississippi (Nonesuch) [C]
Mark O'Connor's Hot Swing Trio - Ain't Misbehavin'- Live In New York
(OMAC)
Jerry Bergonzi - Dancing In The Dark - Simply Put (Savant) [C][a]
Ben Neuman - Blame It On My Youth - Introductions (OA2) [C][a]
Jon Mayer - Bohemia After Dark - Nightscape (Reservoir) [C][a]
East West - Comin' Home Baby - East West (self-released) [C][a]

  BREAK

Carmen McRae - Black Coffee - Sarah: Dedicated To You (RCA/Novus)
Carmen McRae - Tenderly - Sarah: Dedicated To You (RCA/Novus)
Art Lillard's On Time Band - In A Sentimental Mood - It's Time (Summit)
[C]

  BREAK

Ella Fitzgerald w/ Chick Webb & His Orchestra - Darktown Strutters Ball
- Hallelujah (Milan)

  BREAK

Fred Taylor Trio - Swingin' Shepherd Blues / Bag's Groove - Live At
Cecil's Volume 1 (self-released) [C
The Jazz Conceptions Orchestra - Moment's Notice - The Jazz Conceptions
Orchestra (One Five One) [C]
Kyle Asche Organ Trio ftr. Melvin Rhyne - Gentle Rain - Blues For Mel
(Tippin') [C]
Jackie Allen - Vincent (Starry, Starry Night) - Starry Night
(self-released) [C]
Paul Meyers - I've Got The World On A String - World On A String (Miles
High) [C]
The Peter Hand Big Band ftr. Houston Person - Come Rain Or Come Shine -
The Wizard Of Jazz: A Tribute To Harold Arlen (Savant) [C][a]
Lenore Raphael - I Thought About You - Class Act (Swingin' Fox Music)

  BREAK

Gary Smulyan - We'll Be Together Again - High Noon: The Jazz Soul Of
Frankie Laine (Reservoir)