[JPL] Syndicated Programming at Jazz Radio

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:37:37 EDT 2009

What doesn't equate with me, with an obvious bias, is why stations lay
off their programmers and keep mid-management in the name of cost
saving. The station's sound, programming and real life interface with
the local community is the blood line. Bobby, bless his heart,
mentioned 9 full time employees being laid off. Blue Lake runs on a
staff of 8 full time employees. So if we were in that position we'd
have to go outside of the station and find someone else to fire. Its
just sad to think that all of our budgetary answers are coming from
hard drives whirring away in a dustless room somewhere far far away.

LV