[JPL] WFCR/JALM Wed 7/29/2009

treney at admin.umass.edu treney at admin.umass.edu
Thu Jul 30 10:08:13 EDT 2009

Jazz à la Mode
Jul 29, 2009
8:00PM - 11:00PM
Peter Sokolowski sits in for Tom tonight.

8:00 Flying Home : Charlie Christian : The Genius of the Electric
Guitar : Columbia
Notes: b. 7/29/1916 - d. 3/21942

8:05 What A Little Moonlight Can Do : Dianne Reeves : A Little
Moonlight : Blue Note 2003
Notes: August 2, Great Barrington
8:11 I Let A Song Go Out of My Heart : Grant Stewart : Plays the Music
of Duke Ellington & Billy Strayhorn : Sharp 9 2009
8:19 Confessin' : Paul Chambers : Bass on Top : Blue Note 1957

8:25 I've Never Been In Love Before : Corey Weeds : Everything's
Coming Up Weeds : Cellar Live 2009
8:31 Come Rain or Come Shine : Peter Hand : Tribute to Harold Arlen :
Savant 2009

8:42 Rose Room : Charlie Christian : The Genius of the Electric Guitar
: Columbia
8:45 Stardust : Charlie Christian : The Genius of the Electric Guitar
8:49 Memories of You : Charlie Christian : The Genius of the Electric Guitar
8:52 Soft Winds : Charlie Christian : The Genius of the Electric Guitar
8:56 Seven Come Eleven : Charlie Christian : The Genius of the Electric Guitar

9:01 Waters of March : Jane Monheit : Come Dream With Me : N-Coded 2001
Notes: www.litchfieldjazzfest.com
9:06 Double Rainbow : Louis Hayes : The Time Keeper : 18th & Vine 2009
9:13 Corcovado : Fred Hersch : Plays Jobim : Sunnyside 2009

9:22 If You Could See Me Now : John Lewis : Wonderful World of Jazz :
Atlantic 60
Notes: 7/29/1960
9:32 Isn't This A Lovely Day : Diana Krall : From This Moment On : Verve 2006

9:40 Line for Lyons : Bill Charlap & Ted Rosenthal : Gerry Mulligan
Songbook : Chiaroscuro 1996
Notes: NYTimes review: http://tinyurl.com/ln6cym
9:48 I Heard the Shadows Dancing : Gerry Mulligan : Lonesome Boulevard
: A & M 1990
9:53 Rocker : Bill Charlap : Live at the Village Vanguard : Blue Note 2007

10:00 Ad Lib Blues : Charlie Christian : The Genius of the Electric Guitar
10:03 Wholly Cats : Charlie Christian : The Genius of the Electric Guitar
10:07 Charlie's Dream : Charlie Christian : The Genius of the Electric Guitar
10:10 I Never Knew : Charlie Christian : The Genius of the Electric Guitar
10:13 Lester's Dream : Charlie Christian : The Genius of the Electric Guitar

10:19 Ezz-thetic : George Russell : Jazz Workshop
Notes: b. 6/23/1923 - d. 7/27/2009
10:24 Stratusfunk : George Russell : Stratusfunk : OJC 1960
10:30 'Round Midnight : George Russell : Ezz-Thetics : OJC 1961

10:39 Dance with La Diablesse : Etienne Charles : Folklore :
etiennecharles.com 2009
10:49 You Go to My Head : Dianne Reeves : A Little Moonlight

10:58 Goodnight : Cyrus Chestnut : Soul Food : Atlantic 2001

----- End forwarded message -----