[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jul 30 12:45:07 EDT 2009

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice
of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on
the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA
service via shortwave transmission. The show is two hours long and
reaches a potential audience of 134 million listeners worldwide each
weekend.

Jazz America airs twice each weekend online in the Eastern time zone
on Saturday from 1-3 AM (That's 11 PM-1 AM Pacific time, Friday into
Saturday AM) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM
Pacific). Go to the following url (http://www.voanews.com/english/
Entertainment/musicmixold.cfm) and click on “LISTEN LIVE NOW” to hear
the show!

Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on
schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your
timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

For any comments or communication you can reach me by email at jazz-
america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis
Jazz America…Voice of America
105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003

phone...212 614-0424            email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1049...1-2 August 2009
DR. BILLY TAYLOR…titoro (live @ iaje new york 2001)

CYNTHIA SCOTT…shades of ray (dream for one bright world)

*Dave Holland Interview
DAVE HOLLAND…last minute man (overtime)
GREG OSBY…miss d’meena (art forum)

CHICK COREA…early afternoon blues (changes)

TONY BENNETT & STEVIE WONDER…everyday I have the blues

*Dave Holland Interview
DAVE HOLLAND…not for nothin’ (not for nothin’)
COURTNEY PINE…modern day jazz (underground)

DR. BILLY TAYLOR…you’re mine (dr. t)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1050...1-2 August 2009
LOUIS ARMSTRONG…potato head blues (1927)

JACOB FRED JAZZ ODYSSEY…song of the vipers (winterwood)

*Dave Holland Interview
DAVE HOLLAND…looking up (prime directive)
CHARLIE HADEN…blues in motian (the montreal tapes)

ABBEY LINCOLN…I’m in love (you gotta pay the band)

AHMAD JAMAL…poinciana (1955)

*Dave Holland Interview
DAVE HOLLAND…fast track (pass it on)
JOE LOVANO…powerhouse (folk art)

LED BIB…flat pack fantasy (sensible shoes)

Cut Three…Next Show Promo…:40

SHOWS #1051-1052...8-9 August 2009
Special Feature: Interview with Erik Truffaz
at the 30th Montreal Jazz Festival and
featuring his comments followed by his music