[JPL] PLAYLIST #247 J&B Tour for tuesday May 05 with ASFM105.4 in The Netherlands

Joost van Steen joost at jazzbluestour.nl
Fri May 1 13:21:02 EDT 2009

Hai All

A whole country is in shock here in The Netherlands because of the assault
attempt yesterday on our national holiday aimed to our Queen and her family
in Apeldoorn during festivities.

We just heard that next to the perpetrator (who died last night in
hospital), the 6th person ( a military police officer) also died because of
his injuries.

And so 4 male and 2 female spectators died because of the injuries they
suffered because of the perp running through the audience with his small
Suzuki car after which he crashed into a

big remembrance statue. The pictures were shown also on CNN and many
stations more.

Nevertheless we here in The Netherlands think that these kind of terrible
things cannot take away our most beautiful and national holiday!

Now to the show as stated below;

You will notice that there are two tracks with Vera Lynn and a track (
beneath “ Do You remember” ) with the Andrew Sisters and this is in respect
to the date of airing, May 05 !

On May 05 we remember and have festivities in remembrance of our
“liberation day”  of WW2 and this day is also very special here in The
Netherlands!

But before there are festivities because of “liberation day”  on May 04 our
nation also remembers and honours all the victims of WW2 and all other wars
in which Dutch victims fell.

The remembrance – services ( on which also our Queen will attend in
Amsterdam, as every year ) start on May 04 at 07:30 PM and at 8 PM
nationwide 2 minutes of silence is taken to remember all the victims.

So now you all know how things go here in The Netherlands and how shocked we
are now also because of this special period!

Nevertheless it was a pleasure to compose the playlist and do hope you will
understand our feelings.

Joost

+

Jazz & Blues Tour

C/O  Joost van Steen

PO  BOX  471

2400  AL  Alphen aan den Rijn

++
www.jazzbluestour.nl <http://www.jazzbluestour.nl/>

www.alphenstaddfm.nl/jazzenbluestour

http://jazzenbluestour.alphenstadfm.nl
<http://jazzenbluestour.alphenstadfm.nl/>

www.radio.nl/jazzbluestour

+++

  May 05 # 247

 1st Hour  21:00-22:00 hrs
  Nr.     Artist  ---  Title    ====    From The Album;
    1 Vera Lynn   ---    We'll Meet Again     ====     Liedjes van Oranje

    2  Jazz Orchestra Of The Concertgebouw feat. Jesse van Ruller    ---
Amsterdam     ====       Silk Rush
    3  Mojo Stu    ---    Eldorado     ====    Real House Blues

    4 New Cool Collective    ---    Scuzzy Skank     ====     Out Of Office
    5 Dave Gross    ---    That's All You Get     ====    Take the Gamble

 DO YOU REMEMBER..
    6  The Andrew Sisters    ---    Bei Mir Bist Du Schön    ====     Songs
from The Century
    7  Bo Diddley    ---    Evergreen     ====      Blues Legends

    8 Miles Davis     ---     Bye Bye Blackbird     ====     Mellow Miles
    9 Chris Chambers     ---    As The Years Go Passing By    ====    Chris
Chambers

  10 Mark Elf     ---     The Theme    ====     Live At Smalls

  May 05 # 247  Lean Back and Enjoy The 2nd Hour...
 2nd hour 22:00 - 23:00 hrs
  Nr.     Artist      ---    Title    ====     From The Album;
   1  Jazz Orchestra Of The Concertgebouw     ---    Nacho's Nerve    ====
Riffs 'N Rythms

   2 Elvin Bishop     ---   The Blues Roll On     ====    The Blues Roll On
   3 Wicked Jazz Sounds Band     ---    Can't Keep     ====    The Biggest
Sin

   4 Molten Mike     ---    Back Of My Mind     ====    The Movie
   5 Barbara Montgomery     ---    Junkman     ====    Trinity

                                  The "CHET"  - Session
   6 Chet Baker & Ron Carter     ---   Nearly     ====     Patrao
   7 Cecillia     ---    Papillon     ====     Papillon

   8 Matt Ulery      ---    The Immigrant     ====    Themes And Scenes
   9 Vera Lynn    ---    From The Time We Say goodbye     ====     Liedjes
van Oranje

END Jean Toots Thielemans     ---    Hard To Say Goodbye     ====    Hard To
Say Goodbye
              © JvS, May - 2009, Jazz & Blues Tour ® NL, All Rights
Reserved.

+

Well, that’s it for this show. Ofcourse all your comments, tips, tricks
always highly appreciated!

Have yourself a nice weekend, a great week and do take care of each other
and yourself and be careful!

Kind regards

Joost van Steen, Host / producer Jazz & Blues Tour with ASFM105.4 in Alphen
aan den Rijn, The Netherlands

++