[JPL] Airplay Ethics Question

Martin Wright jazzman at hotkey.net.au
Fri May 1 23:55:44 EDT 2009

In Australia Community Radio is even more restricted, I got into trouble
once for interviewing a touring American jazz great and finishing the
interview with a track; I signed off mentioning that he was playing at a
local club in Melbourne the following month and that the track was from
his latest CD on Sony. This was judged as advertising by the
Broadcasting Control Board which then judged that the whole segment was
advertising and as such breached the maximum 5 min in any 60 rule.

This breach could have put our licence at risk.

Martin Wright
Melbourne
Australia