[JPL] Jazz Rendezvous Playlist Radio 2000 Cape Town S.A.

Eric Alan at Jazz Rendezvous eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Sun May 3 08:05:57 EDT 2009

My playlist for today

RADIO 2000 - ERIC ALAN'S JAZZ RENDEZVOUS - SAMRO PRS MUSIC & SHOW FEATURES
LOG SUNDAY MAY 03, 2009

Presenter / Producer: ERIC ALAN                  Time: 18h00 to 20h00
Date: SUNDAY MAY 03,
SONG TITLE            ARTIST / BAND           ALBUM TITLE
COMPOSER           LABEL           RECORD NUMBER   DATE        S.A. MUSIC

18h00 - HOUR No.1

18:00 to 18:10     INTRODUCE LYRICAL PURSUIT GAME - A couple of lines from
the lyrics of a well-known song are read out as clues from the beginning of
and then through the show at regular interval¹s show. Listeners are invited
to call in with the name of the song for the duration of the show. At the
end of the show, the answer will be revealed, a winners name will be
announced, and the song is played at the last song of the show.
Rise 'n Shine - Jazz Rendezvous Intro/Outro    Gary Deacon    Sunset
Boulevard    Gary Deacon   Gary Deacon   DEMO GD 001   1995    S.A.
One Summer Night - General Under voice Bed   Gary Deacon    Sunset Boulevard
Gary Deacon   Gary Deacon   DEMO GD 001   1995    S.A.

Summertime    Harry Talas    Turn Back The Hands Of Time: Acoustic Jazz
Classics From Gershwin To Sinatra    George Gershwin, Dubois Heywood
Harry Talas     TALCD 001    2008    S.A.

18:10 to 18:20     BILLBOARD - TOP 15 MAINSTREAM JAZZ SALES CHARTS - A look
at the weeks Billboard Sales Charts Top 15 Mainstream Jazz Albums -
countdown of the 15 albums. Tracks from two albums selected from the charts
are played.

Lucky To Be Me    Tony Bennett & Bill Evans    Together Again    Betty
Comden/Adolf Green/Leonard Bernstein       Concord    CCD 2198-2    1977
I Get A Kick Out Of You    Frank Sinatra    A Fine Romance (The Love Songs)
[Disc 1]    Cole Porter (1891-1962)   Reprise Gallo   8122 73590-2    2002

18:20 to 18:40     ARTIST/MUSICIAN INTERVIEW TIME - Live in studio for South
African based musicians and live telephone for international musicians
interviews only on the day of broadcast, no pre-recorded interviews will be
considered. The musician guest¹s music will be played between the chat
periods and listeners will be invited to call in with questions for the
guest/s.

This week we chat to Port Elizabeth born jazz vocalist ESTHER MILLER, who
has been based in the UK for a number of years. We find out how her career
has been going. Why she moved overseas? We also find out about her soon to
be released new album "A PLACE IN THE SUNLIGHT".

Dream Dancing     Esther Miller     Dream Dancing     Cole Porter    Tristan
Records    EMTRO 106    2005    S.A.
INTERVIEW
Storm Clouds     Esther Miller     Dream Dancing     Esther Miller / Gerry
Spencer     Tristan Records    EMTRO 106    2005    S.A.
INTERVIEW
Waltz For Debbie - Only Child    Esther Miller    Dream Dancing    Bill
Evans / Eugene Lees / Roger Shore    Tristan Records    EMTRO 106    2005
S.A.

18:40 to 18:50     BIG BAND BREAK ­ Two to three big band songs are played
back-to-back depending on the length of each tune.

Just A Closer Walk With Thee    The Classic Jazz Masters    Stomps, Swing 'n
Blues    Trad Arr Roy Burrows    Classic Jazz Masters    CJM 001
2007    S.A.
I Left My Heart In San Francisco    Gavin Minter    I'll Be Seeing You
George Cory / Douglas Cross    Sheer Sound / Playdough Records    SLCD 146
2008    S.A.

18:50 to 19:00     MUSICIANS BIRTHDAY BOOK

Cry Me A River Club            Jason Realon Trio            Off The Record
Arthur Hamilton     Jason Reolon     DIR 001    2007    S.A.
Against The Grain    Abigail Peterson    Jazz Impressions @ The Green
Dolphin    Abigail Peterson    Green Dolphin    SLCD 048     2002    S.A.

19h00 - HOUR No. 2

19:00 to 19:10     GIG GUIDE - LIVE ENTERTAINMENT ­ Information on a
selected jazz gigs or happenings from around the country , be it a Festival
or club gig, reported live via telephone by correspondents in centres around
South Africa. Two tunes to be played, depending on the length of each song

A Distant Memory    Spyro Gyra    Down The Wire    Jay Beckenstein, Tom
Schuman     Heads Up International    HUCD 3154    2009
Soul Sugar    Marion Meadows    Secrets    Mitchell Broening     Heads Up
International    HUCD 3150    2009

19:10 to 19:20     SMOOTHJAZZ.COM - TOP 15 CONTEMPORARY JAZZ CHARTS ­ A look
at the weeks Smooth Jazz Chart - Contemporary Jazz Albums Top 15 - countdown
of the Top 15 albums. Tracks from two albums selected from the charts are
played.

Ultra Light    Fourplay    Energy    Larry Carlton    Heads Up     SLCD 154
2008
Lost Without You    Jackiem Joyner    Lil' Man Soul    Robin Thicke     Mack
Avenue     Artistry Music Art 7017    2009

19:20 to 19:40     MUSIC BUSINESS & EDUCATION INTERVIEW TIME - Interview
with important players in the Arts, Culture, Music and Recording industry,
focusing on various aspects and legalities of the industry. How arts workers
can access various important resources to further and protect their careers.
Music to be played between each question and answer. Listeners are invited
to call in with question for the guests.

This week our guest is NICKY SCHRIRE who recently completed her jazz music
degree at UCT and has elected to study further after winning a place at the
prestigious Manhattan School of Music in New York where her name will
eventually stand proudly along side some past alumni, Hugh Masakela, Herbie
Hancock, Jane Monheit to name but a few. We'll find out form her what it
means to have been accepted as one of the few foreign students and what her
aspirations are. we'll also find out who her roll models have been and how
she will become one on her return to South Africa.

Chega de Saudade     Nicky Schrire     Nicky Schrire 2007    Antonio Carlos
Jobim    DEMO    DEMO NS 2007    2007    S.A.
INTERVIEW
Toast For Two     Nicky Schrire     Nicky Schrire 2007    Nicky Schrire
DEMO    DEMO NS 2007    2007    S.A.
INTERVIEW
Every Time We Say Goodbye     Nicky Schrire     Nicky Schrire 2007    Cole
Porter    DEMO    DEMO NS 2007    2007

19:40 to 19:50     NU JAZZ SOUNDS - Modern fusion of electronic jazz moving
beyond smooth jazz.

Cruising Through [Radio Edit]   Goldfish   Perceptions Of Pacha   David
Poole, Dom Peters     Sony/BMG    CDCLL 7072     2008    S.A.
For The Love Of Jazz    Rus Nerwich    Under The Poetree    Rus Nerwich
Tones of Note Records     TON 006
2008    S.A.

19:50 to 20:00     BIG BLUES BREAK - As the name implies a couple of great
blues tunes. 2 to 3 songs depending on the length of each track.

Part Time Love    Luther Allison    Mississippi Blues    Richard "Popcorn"
Wylie & Janie Bradford   Putumayo    PUT 196-2
2002
Bring It On Home    Songs Of Willie Dixon    Telarc's Got The Blues
Willie Dixon    Telarc Blues     CD 83468     1998

20h00 - HOUR no.3

20:00 to 20:10     GIG GUIDE - LIVE ENTERTAINMENT ­ Information on a
selected jazz gigs or happenings from around the country , be it a Festival
or club gig, reported live via telephone by correspondents in centres around
South Africa. Two tunes to be played, depending on the length of each song.
PLAYBACK FROM WAY BACK ­ A couple of songs from way back along the tracks of
time, time to tug at the musical memories from yesteryear. Listeners are
asked to call in with their answer as to who the bands or singers are.

When I Get Low I Get High     Ella Fitzgerald     Jazz Divas CD 1    Marion
Sunshine    Sweet Sound Products     SSD 654 (LCD)    1935
The Lady Sings The Blues     Cleo Laine     Jazz Divas CD 2    Billie
Holiday, Herbie Nichols    Sweet Sound Products     SSD 654 (LCD)    1945

20:10 to 20:20     CHARTS - JAZZWEEK RADIO PLAY TOP 50 MAINSTREAM JAZZ
CHARTS - A Look at the JazzWeek Radio Play Top 50 Mainstream Jazz Albums -
countdown of the 10 albums. Tracks from two albums selected from the charts
to be played.

Come Dance With Me    Joey DeFrancesco    Joey D!    Sammy Cahn, Jimmy van
Heusen     High Note     HCD 7190
2008
My Shining Hour    Denise Donatelli    What Lies Within    Harold Arlen /
Johnny Mercer    Savant Records    SCD 2095
2008

20:20 to 20:40     ALBUM of the WEEK and INTERVIEW with the MUSICIAN (When
Possible) ­ Live in studio interview of SA based musicians or live telephone
of international musicians on the day of the show only will be considered.
Two to three tracks from a randomly chosen jazz album played between chats
to the musician concerned. Listeners are invited to call in with question
for the guests.

We feature the music of Cape Town guitarist now resident in Jo'burg, DERRICK
SCHIPPERS. We chat to him about his debut album "WHERE WE LIVE" and what the
move to Jo'burg has meant to him and his family we'll also find out what he
plans for the future.

Cape Vibe     Derrick Schippers     Where We Live     Derrick Schippers
U 4 J Records    CDU4J 001    2008    S.A.
INTERVIEW
Bye Ekhaya (Come Back Home)    Derrick Schippers     Where We Live
Derrick Schippers     U 4 J Records    CDU4J 001    2008    S.A.
INTERVIEW
I'm Your Friend     Derrick Schippers feat Mahalia Buchanan      Where We
Live     Derrick Schippers     U 4 J Records    CDU4J 001    2008    S.A.

20:40 to 20:50     DOUBLE PLAY BACK TO BACK - The same tune or song played
back to back. Listeners are asked to call in with the name of the song and
the names of the two artists who sing the song.

Mad About The Boy    China Moses & Raphaël Lemonnier    This One's For Dinah
Noel Coward     Blue Note EMI    50999 6931 2502    2009
Mad About The Boy     Lena Horne     Jazz Divas CD 2    Noel Coward
Sweet Sound Products     SSD 654 (LCD)    2008

20:50 to 22:55

Ebayi    Essential South African Jazz Band     Essential South African Jazz
- The Jo'burg Sessions    Victor Ndlazilwana     African Cream    ACM CD0048
2007    S.A.

20:55 to 21:00     LYRICAL PURSUIT GAME ANSWER ­ The answer to the game is
given and the winners name is read out. The song is then played as the
farewell tune of the show.

I Thought About You    Darmon Meader    And So Am I    Johnny Mercer / Jimmy
Van Heusen    Darmon Meader     DDAL 168-2     2007

Please be so kind as to confirm receipt of this email by way of return
email. Thanks

Warmest regards,
Have a fabulous day.
Peace, safety and happiness,
See it Š with your own ears
Yours in Music

Eric

Presenter / Producer:
The Very, Very Early Retro Radio Breakfast Show ­ Every Sunday from 02h00 to
06h00
Jazz Rendezvous, where jazz lovers of South Africa and the World meet to
share and listen ­ Every Sunday from  18h00 to 21h00
Jazz Columnist and music reviewer:
Roots Africa Magazine: Jazz Rendezvous where jazz lovers of Africa and the
World meet to read
Editor / Owner:
Jazz Rendezvous Website, where jazz lovers of South Africa and the world
meet to share
Broadcaster, Jazz, Music & Cultural Consultant & activist, Contributor and
CD Reviewer to various publications around Cape Town
Member of:
International Jazz Programmers List, SAJE (South African Jazz Educators
Association), JEN (Jazz Education Network), CapeMic (Cape Music Industry
Commission), Foundation Committee of the Western Cape Musicians Association,
South African Jazz Network (southafricanjazznetwork.ning.com), Global Jazz
Network (theglobaljazznetwork.ning.com), The Jazz Network
(thejazznetwork.ning.com) & The New Zealand Jazz Network
(nzjazznetwork.ning.com)
Founding Member:
FMR (Fine Music Radio - community radio station), CTFM, Peace Radio both
regional and national
Master of Ceremonies:
Cape Town International Jazz Festival and the Cape Town Jazzathon and
Athlone Academy of Music Festival
Postal Address:
Postnet Suite 261, Private Bag X16, Constantia, 7848. Cape Town, South
Africa
Home/Office: 27 (0)683 9845
Mobile: 27 (0)82 456 2195
Skype: ericalan2
SMS/TEXT Message: Keyword 2000, Number ­ 33016
Email Addresses:
eric at radio2000.co.za
ericjazz at iafrica.com
editor at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Radio 2000 Website:
http://www.radio2000.co.za
Jazz Rendezvous Website:
http://www.jazzrendezvous.co.za

Radio 2000 broadcasting purposefully ahead to 2010 and beyond, featuring the
best of South African and African music on the wireless this in the universe
today.

Disclaimer:
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.

Listen to the show live on the web at www.radio2000.co.za

Radio 2000 frequencies and transmitters around South Africa, so no matter
where you may be in the country there is a transmitter near you. If you
reside or are visiting outside the boarders of South Africa Radio 2000
streams live on the internet, just visit http://www.radio2000.co.za and
follow the links and listen to Radio 2000 live.

Alexander Bay 98.7FM; Bethlehem 98.4FM; Bloemfontein 99.5FM; Butterworth
97.6FM; Cape Town 98.6FM; Davel 100.0FM; Donnybrook 99.2FM; Durban 97.3FM;
Durban North 99.0FM; East London 98.1FM; Eshowe 99.9FM; Franschoek 97.2FM;
George 98.2FM; Glencoe 99.6FM; Grahamstown 100.0FM; Greytown 98.2FM;
Heidelberg 97.3FM; Hermanus 97.3FM; Hoedspruit 98.5FM; Hout Bay 97.4FM;
Johannesburg 99.7FM; Kimberley 97.5FM; Klerksdorp 97.7FM; Knysna 98.7FM;
Kroonstad 99.9FM; Ladysmith 97.5FM; Louis Trichardt 97.2FM; Menlo Park
98.6FM; Middelburg 98.3FM; Mooi River 98.7FM; Mount Ayliff 99.7FM; Nelspruit
99.0FM; Nongoma 99.4FM; Oudtshoorn 99.1FM; Paarl 98.1FM; Parson's Hill (PE)
97.5FM; Petrus Steyn 98.8FM; Pietermaritzburg 97.9FM; Piketberg 97.6FM; Port
Elizabeth 98.8FM; Port St.Johns 100.2FM; Potgietersrus 97.9FM; Pretoria
97.5FM; Queenstown 98.7FM; Rustenburg 97.2FM; Schweizer Reneke 99.6FM;
Seapoint 100.0FM; Senekal 97.6FM & Simonstown 97.2FM