[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Apr 25,2009

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun May 3 09:16:40 EDT 2009

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Apr 25,2009

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up…

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Apr 25, 2009

Hour 1

ART BLAKEY QUINTET - "Quicksilver" - A Night At Birdland - (Blue Note)

ART BLAKEY QUINTET - "Blues" - A Night At Birdland - (Blue Note)

ART BLAKEY QUINTET - "Split Kick" - A Night At Birdland - (Blue Note)

ART BLAKEY AND THE JAZZ MESSENGERS - "Moanin" - Moanin - (Blue Note)

ART BLAKEY AND THE JAZZ MESSENGERS - "A Night In Tunisia" - A Night In Tunisia - (Blue Note)

Hour 2

HORACE SILVER - "Blowin the Blues Away" - Blowin the Blues Away - (Blue Note)

HORACE SILVER - "Home Cookin" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

HORACE SILVER - "The Preacher" - Horace Silver and the Jazz Messengers - (Blue Note)

HORACE SILVER - "Song For My Father" - Song For My Father - (Blue Note)

HORACE SILVER - "Filthy McNasty" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

HORACE SILVER - "Cookin At the Continental" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

HORACE SILVER - "Doodlin" - Horace Silver and the Jazz Messengers - (Blue Note)

HORACE SILVER - "Brain Wave" - unknown - (Blue Note)

Hour 3

KARRIN ALLYSON - "I Found the Turnaround" - Footprints - (Concord)

ERNIE ANDREWS - "Sweet Lorraine" - Jazz Vocalists Hear and Now - (Concord)

EVA CASSIDY - "Blue Skies" - Live at Blues Alley - (indep)

NEW YORK VOICES - "Jackie" - A Day Like This - (MCG)

TERENCE BLANCHARD W/JANE MONHEIT - "I Can't Give You Anything But Love" - Let's Get Lost - (Sony)

MERYL ROMER - "I've Waited Long Enough" - So Sure - (indep)

DIANNE REEVES - "Social Call" - When You Know - (Blue Note)

MARK O'CONNOR'S HOT SWING TRIO - "Misty" - In Full Swing - (Odyssey)

KRISTIN KORB - "You Fascinate Me So" - In the Meantime - (indep)

PAUL WEST AND MARK BROWN - "Today's the Day" - Words and Music - (Origin)

Hour 4

LOU DONALDSON - "Grits and Gravy" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "Peck Time" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "Blues Walk" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "Jump Up" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "Strollin In" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "Dewey Square" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "I Won't Cry Anymore" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

Hour 5

WAYNE SHORTER - "Speak No Evil" - Speak No Evil - (Blue Note)

WAYNE SHORTER - "Virgo" - Night Dreamer - (Blue Note)

WAYNE SHORTER - "Charcoal Blues" - Night Dreamer - (Blue Note)

WAYNE SHORTER - "Night Dreamer" - Night Dreamer - (Blue Note)

WAYNE SHORTER - "Oriental Folk Song" - Night Dreamer - (Blue Note)

WAYNE SHORTER - "Wild Flower" - Speak No Evil - (Blue Note)

WAYNE SHORTER - "Dance Cadaverous" - Speak No Evil - (Blue Note)

Hour 6

HERBIE HANCOCK - "Dolphin Dance" - Maiden Voyage - (Blue Note)

HERBIE HANCOCK - "Maiden Voyage" - Maiden Voyage - (Blue Note)

HERBIE HANCOCK - "Cantaloupe Island" - Empyrean Isles - (Blue Note)

LEE MORGAN - "The Sidewinder" - The Sidewinder - (Blue Note)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Crepuscule With Nellie" - Monk and Coltrane at Carnegie Hall - (Blue Note)

BIG JOHN PATTON - "Fat Judy" - Oh Baby - (Blue Note)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Blue Train" - Blue Train - (Blue Note)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM