[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 5/3/09

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun May 3 17:15:38 EDT 2009

 WWSP   JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of 5/3/09
WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.

4 or more spins

5 Rashied Ali Quintet – Live In Europe – Survival Records
6 Chris Botti – In Boston - Columbia
4 Tom Brantley – Boneyard – Summit
4 Bridge Quartet – Night – Origin
5 Cameron Brown – Here & How Vol. 2 – OmniTone
7 Chick Corea/John McLaughlin Five Piece Band – Live – Concord
5 Randy Crawford & Joe Sample – No Regrets – PRA Records
6 “Papa” John DeFrancesco – Big Shot – Savant
5 Fat Cat Band – Angels Praying For Freedom – Smalls Records
4 Fly – Sky & Country – ECM
5 Marcus Goldhaber – Take Me Anywhere – Fallen Apple
6 Chico Hamilton – Twelve Tones Of Love – Joyous Shout!
4 Ken Hatfield – To Be Continued… - mpub
7 Fred Hersch Pocket Orchestra – Live At Jazz Standard – Sunnyside
6 Red Holloway – Go Red Go! – Delmark
4 Laura Klein & Ted Wolff – Cerulean Blue – AR Records
6 Diana Krall – Quiet Nights – Verve
7 Julian Lage – Sounding Point – Emarcy
7 David Liebman Group – Blues All Ways – OmniTone
7 Joe Locke & Frank Kimbrough – Verrazano Moon – OmniTone
6 Wynton Marsalis – He & She – Blue Note
4 Rakalam Bob Moses – Father’s Day B’hash – Sunnyside
4 Scott Reeves Quintet – Live At Cecil’s Shape Shifter – Miles High Records
5 Greg Reitan – Some Other Time – Sunnyside
6 Roswell Rudd – Trombone Tribe – Sunnyside
5 Venissa Santi – Bienvenida – Sunnyside
5 Radam Schwartz – Blues Citizens – Savant
5 Nina Sheldon – Harvest – Jazzed Media
4 Swing Masters – Gene Krupa… Jazz Pioneer! Vol. 3 – Dare Records
6 Ximo Tebar – Steps – Omix Records
5 Charles Tolliver Big Band – Emperor March – HalfNote
7 Vignola Collective – Gypsy Grass – Dare Records
6 Nancy Wright – Moanin’ – Chicken Coup Records

2 – 3 spins

3 Abraham/Clements/Tellander – Between Stops – Resa Records
2 David Becker Tribune – Leaving Argentina – Red Records
3 David Binney/Alan Ferber – In The Paint – Positone
2  Bio Ritmo – Bionico – Locutor Records
3 Garvin Bushell – One Steady Roll – Delmark
2 Craig Enright – La Bezella… - Self Produced
3 Fat Cat Band – Meditations On The War… - Smalls Records
3 Derrick Gardner – Echoes Of Ethnicity – Owl
3 Gaucho – Deep Night – Self Produced
3 Jimmy Greene – Mission Statement – RazDaz
3 George Gruntz Concert Band – Why Not? – TCB
3 Nicole Herzog – Time Will Tell – TCB
3 Nancy Kelly – Well, Alright! – Saying It With Jazz
3 Kristin Korb – In The Meantime – Double K Music
3 L’ Tanya Mari’ – A Teadrop of Sun – Falconeye
3 Jermaine Landsberger – Gettin’ Blazed – Resonance Records
3 Helge Lien Trio – Hello Troll – Ozella Music
3 Thomas Marriott – Flexicon – Origin
3 Rob Mazurek Quintet – Sound Is – Delmark
3 Ryan Meagher – Atrofey – Fresh Sound New Talent
3 October Trio + Brad Turner – Looks Like It’s Going To Snow – Songlines
3 Miles Okazaki – Generations – Sunnyside
2 Ada Rovatti – Green Factor – Piloo Records
3 Michel Sajrawy – Writings On The Wall – Ozella Music
3 Helen Schneider – Dream A Little Dream – Edel Records
3 Kendra Shank Quartet – Mosaic – Challenge Records
3 Brad Shepik – Human Activity Suite – Songlines
3 South Nine Ensemble – Doing It Augie Style – Playtime Music
3 Mark Taylor – Spectre - Origin
3 Texas Christian Univ. Jazz Ensemble – Just Friends – Sea Breeze
3 Dan Willis – Velvet Gentlemen – OmniTone
3 Mark Winkler – Till I Get It Right – FreeHam Records
3 Deanna Witowski – From This Place – Tilapia Records

JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 5/3/09

Claudia Acuna – En Este Momento – Marsalis Music
Altered Laws Jazz Quartet – Metaphora – AJRJazz
Mike Arroyo – Transition – Music Lab
Rondi Charleston – In My Life – Emmamuse
Stanley Clarke Trio – Jazz In The Garden – Heads Up
Perry Danos – Swingin’ On The Moon – Grand Vista
Dave Frishberg – Retromania – Arbors Jazz
Victor Little – Inner Portrait – Self Produced
Melissa Morgan – Until I Met You – Telarc Jazz
One For All – Return Of The Lineup – Sharp Nine Records
Avery Sharpe Trio – Autumn Moonlight – JKNM Records
Dave Siebels w/Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band – PBGL
Yotam Silberstein – Next Page – Positone
Larry Slezak – No Worries – Self Produced

W = WORLD          ***  =  Add this week

W 7 Amadou & Mariam – Welcome To Mali – Because/Nonesuch
*** Fredrico Aubele – Amatoria – ESL Music
W 5 Bajofundo – Mardulce – Decca
W 5 Buju Banton – Rasta Got Soul – Gargame! Music
W 5 Cecilia – Papillon – One Music
W 5 Roger Davidson & Raul Juarena – Pasion Por La Vida - Soundbrush
W 5 Mofongo – Tumbao – AGO
W 5 Omara Portuondo – Gracias – World Village
W 6 Omar Sosa – Across The Divide - HalfNote
***  Various - Playing For Change – Hear Music

PLUS  =  Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP

*** Darcy James Argue’s Secret Society – Infernal Machines – NEWAM
4 Todd Bishop’s Pop Art 4 – 69 annee erotique – Origin
5 Derek Bermel – Voices – BMOP Sound
5 Brian Blade – Mama Rosa - Verve
4 Stan Harrison – The Optimist – Edge Artists
3 Derek Jones – Sun Up Moon Up -  Self Produced
3 Danny Kalb – I’m Gonna Live The Life I Sing About – Sojourn Records
3 Darin Layne w/Jason McKenzie – Left Of Sunday Afternoon – Self Produced
2 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
4 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club – Cryptogramophone
*** Enrico Pieranunzi – Plays Domenico Scarlati – Cam Jazz
*** Randolph – Expansion - ERMusic
*** Terry Riley – In C - Sony
4 David Russell – For David - Telarc
6 John Scofield – Piety Street - Emarcy
4 Jade Simmons – Revolutionary Rhythm – E1 Entertainment
*** Pete Solomon/Art Alm –A Day In The Now – Self Produced
3 Matt Ulery – Themes And Scenes – Woolgathering Records
5 Various – Keep Your Soul / A Tribute To Doug Sahm – Vanguard Records
6 Woody Witt/Joe Locasio – Seasons Ago – Heart Music

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 5/10/09.  I will have space for 15 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive.
Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.
 Russ

Russell Haines
Jazz/World Music Director